Kew High School
|Kew High School|
1393 Burke Road
|Motto||Strive, Aspire, Achieve|
|Houses||Barker, Boroondara, Cotham, Wilsmere|
|Colour(s)||Maroon and Yellow |
Kew High School is a co-educational school in suburban Melbourne for students in years 7–12.
School grounds and facilities
The school is situated on a single campus adjoining parkland in the suburb of East Kew, approximately 8 kilometres from Melbourne CBD. Facilities of the school include
- The Renaissance Centre, a performing arts centre which is used for the bi-annual school production and music and drama classes.
- A large gymnasium
- A Senior School (VCE) Centre for the use of Year 11 and 12 students
- An indoor canteen and adjoining paved outdoor dining area
- A library
- Three outdoor basketball courts and two soccer pitches with artificial surfaces
- Specialised facilities for STEM, music, food technology, visual arts, drama and languages
The school's theatre "The Renaissance Centre" is regularly used by other schools and community organisations for performances with a capacity of 470 people.
|House name||House motif||House colour|
The houses compete in a variety of sporting events throughout the school year, including:
- Swimming Carnival
- Athletics Carnival
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Andy Truong — Australian fashion designer
- Pez — Australian hip hop recording artist from Melbourne, Australia
- Adam Gotsis — Australian professional American footballer
- Chater, Robbie; Di Blasi, Tony (6 July 2016). "The Avalanches on changing times, changing technology and playing live" (Interview). Veronica & Lewis. Interviewed by Veronica Milsom & Lewis Hobba. Triple J. Retrieved 9 July 2016.