Kewanee Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||36.18 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.16 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||9,795|
|• Density||281/sq mi (108/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.18 square miles (93.7 km2), of which 36.16 square miles (93.7 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Kewanee (north half)
- Annawan Township (north)
- Mineral Township, Bureau County (northeast)
- Neponset Township, Bureau County (east)
- Elmira Township, Stark County (southeast)
- Wethersfield Township (south)
- Burns Township (west)
- Cornwall Township (northwest)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Garden of Peace, Mount Olivet, Old Kewanee Public, Orthodox, Pace, Pleasant View, Saint Michael and South Pleasant View.
Airports and landing strips
- Kewanee Hospital Heliport
- Baker Park
- Chautaqua Park
- Francis Park
- Johnson Sauk Trail State Park (south half)
- Northeast Park
- West Park
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Annawan Community Unit School District 226
- Kewanee Community Unit School District 229
- Wethersfield Community Unit School District 230
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Kewanee Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.