From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up key in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Key may refer to:
- Cay, also spelled key, a small, low-elevation, sandy island formed on the surface of a coral reef
- Key (cryptography), a piece of information that controls the operation of a cryptography algorithm
- Key (engineering), a type of coupling used to transmit rotation between a shaft and an attached item
- Key (lock), device used to open a lock such as in a door
- Key (map), a guide to a map's symbology
- Key, a guide to colours and symbols used in a data chart, graph, plot or diagram
- In the United States
- Key, Alabama
- Key, Ohio
- Key, West Virginia
- Keys, Oklahoma
- Florida Keys, an archipelago of about 1700 such islands in the southeast United States
Art, entertainment, and media
- Key the Metal Idol, Japanese anime OVA series
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (KEY), a 2010 game by Nintendo
- "The Keys" (Seinfeld), a 1992 TV episode
- Key (instrument), part of a musical instrument used for playing or tuning
- Key (music), the tonic chord of a piece of music
- Key signature, an indication of the key in musical notation
- Keys, short for keyboard instruments
- Chroma key, a method to superimpose several video layers using areas of a defined color as a mask .
- Key frame, a frame made by an animator from which other frames are derived
- Key light, the primary light source that illuminates an image or scene
- Key plate, a plate which prints the detail in an image, often using the color black
- Key color (typically black), in the CMYK color model
- The primary tone of an image, as in:
- Samara (fruit) or key, a type of fruit in which a flattened wing of fibrous, papery tissue develops from the ovary wall, often called "helicopters"
- Identification key, a method of deducing the correct species assignment of a living thing
- Single-access key, a method used for categorizing species using logical choices
Companies and organizations
- Keys, a China-based global booking platform for B&B, boutique hotels and luxury apartment.
- Key (company), a Japanese visual novel studio
- House of Keys, the directly elected lower branch of Tynwald, the parliament of the Isle of Man
- Key Club, a worldwide student service organization
- KeyBank, a bank headquartered in the Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio
- Computer keyboard keys
- KeY, a software verification tool
- .key, file extension used by Keynote (presentation software)
- Key, a data element which allows one to find associated data value or values by using a database index, hash table or a Memory location
- Key English Test, an international examination of basic level of English language.
- Answer key, list of answers to a test (assessment)
- Key (basketball), a restricted area around the basketball net
- Frederick Keys, a Double-A minor league baseball team
- All pages beginning with "Key"
- All pages with titles containing Key
- Keyes (disambiguation)
- Keying (disambiguation)
- The Key (disambiguation)
- The Keys (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Key.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.