15.0.1 / December 12, 2017
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
KeyCreator is a non-parametric, non-history based, "direct" 2D/3D solid modeling CAD program. Originally known as CADKEY, it was first released in 1984, running on DOS, UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It was among the first CAD programs with 3D capabilities for personal computers. Besides solid modeling, KeyCreator is also capable of wire-frame and surface modeling, as well as drafting.
File formats and versions
KeyCreator’s native file format is .ckd.
- AutoCAD .dwg, .dxf
- Autodesk Inventor .ipt, .iam
- CADKEY .prt, .cdl
- Catia .mod, .model, .catproduct, .catpart
- SolidWorks .sldprt, .sldasm
- Pro/Engineer .prt, .asm
- PTC Creo .prt
- Siemens NX .prt
- Unigraphics .prt
- Neutral formats such as STEP .stp, IGES .igs, Parasolid .x_t, and ACIS .sat
- Stereolithography (for 3D printing) .stl
KeyCreator has several additional software options for varying functions.
- KeyCreator Machinist is a 2 and 3 axis CAM solution for Mold, die & tooling, wood working, rapid prototyping and general machining.
- KeyCreator Artisan allows 3D models to be turned into photorealistic renderings.
- Kubotek Validation Tool provides a mathematical comparison between two similar or different CAD models to ensure data integrity is maintained during a translation or data migration process. Validation Tool also has a version specifically to meet Boeing’s D6-51991 Requirements for Boeing’s suppliers.
- Kubotek Spectrum is a CAD viewer for reviewing 3D models and drawings.
Designed with KeyCreator
Aero Tec Laboratories used KeyCreator to design crash resistant, nonexploding fuel-bladder tanks for aircraft, race cars, and performance boats. They have made custom bladder tanks for NASCAR, Ferrari, Boeing, Lockheed, NASA and the U.S. Military.
- "Kubotek3D". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Section 10: CAD/CAM/CAE/CADD". Design.osu.edu. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "CADKEY Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia". Pcmag.com. 1994-12-01. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Kubotek3D Homepage". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "KeyCreator Translation Capabilities". Kubotek USA. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "KeyCreator Machinist". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "KeyCreator Artisan". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Kubotek Validation Tool". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Boeing D6-51991 Requirements". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Boeing D6-51991 Requirements" (PDF). Boeing. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Kubotek Spectrum". Kubotek. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Direct Modeler Builds a Better Fuel Tank". Machine Design. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
|Wikibooks has more on the topic of: KeyCreator|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KeyCreator.|