2023 / October 4, 2022
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
KeyCreator is a commercial software application for 2D and 3D computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting available since 2004.
KeyCreator is a non-parametric, non-history based, "direct" 2D/3D solid modeling CAD program. Originally known as CADKEY, it was first released in 1984, running on DOS, UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It was among the first CAD programs with 3D capabilities for personal computers. Besides solid modeling, KeyCreator is also capable of wire-frame and surface modeling, as well as drafting.
File formats and versions
KeyCreator’s native file format is .ckd.
KeyCreator is available for English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
KeyCreator is capable of translating and editing the following file formats from other CAD software:
- AutoCAD .dwg, .dxf
- Autodesk Inventor .ipt, .iam
- CADKEY .prt
- Catia .mod, .model, .catproduct, .catpart
- SolidWorks .sldprt, .sldasm
- Pro/Engineer .prt, .asm
- PTC Creo .prt
- Siemens NX .prt
- Unigraphics .prt
- Neutral formats such as STEP .stp, IGES .igs, Parasolid .x_t, and ACIS .sat
- Stereolithography (for 3D printing) .stl
KeyCreator has several additional software options for varying functions.
- XMD - Expert Mold Designer provides intelligent automation, custom plate stack layouts, and part revision management. XMD includes tens of thousands of standard components designers need for mold, die, fixture, and machine design.
- KeyCreator Machinist is a 2 and 3 axis CAM solution for Mold, die & tooling, wood working, rapid prototyping and general machining.
- KeyCreator Artisan allows 3D models to be turned into photorealistic renderings.
- KeyCreator Viewer is a no-cost program for reviewing 3D models and drawings stored in CKD files.
Designed with KeyCreator
Aero Tec Laboratories used KeyCreator to design crash resistant, nonexploding fuel-bladder tanks for aircraft, race cars, and performance boats. They have made custom bladder tanks for NASCAR, Ferrari, Boeing, Lockheed, NASA and the U.S. Military.
- ^ "Kubotek Kosmos". Kubotek. Retrieved 26 May 2023.
- ^ "Section 10: CAD/CAM/CAE/CADD". Design.osu.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- ^ "CADKEY Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia". Pcmag.com. 1994-12-01. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- ^ "Kubotek Kosmos Homepage". Kubotek. Retrieved 26 May 2023.
- ^ "XMD - Expert Mold Designer". Retrieved 16 Mar 2023.
- ^ "KeyCreator Machinist". Kubotek. Retrieved 26 May 2023.
- ^ "KeyCreator Artisan". Kubotek. Retrieved 19 Nov 2019.
- ^ "KeyCreator Viewer". Retrieved 26 May 2023.
- ^ "Direct Modeler Builds a Better Fuel Tank". Machine Design. Retrieved 23 July 2015.