Keyham railway station
|Managed by||Great Western Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Keyham from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Keyham railway station is a suburban railway station in the city of Plymouth, Devon, England. It is served by Great Western Railway services between Plymouth and Gunnislake, and a very few on the Cornish Main Line to Saltash and beyond.
The entrance is on the down platform, served by trains to Gunnislake and Cornwall. The up platform, reached by a footbridge, is served by trains to Plymouth.
The station is close to the Devonport dockyard.
The station was opened by the Great Western Railway on 1 June 1900. The goods facilities were used for marshalling trains to and from the Cornwall Railway branch into the naval dockyard, opened on 20 June 1867, which enters the dockyard between the station and Weston Mill viaduct.
The Cornwall Railway was amalgamated into the Great Western Railway on 1 July 1889.
Keyham is served by Tamar Valley Line services from Plymouth to Gunnislake, and by a few trains on the Cornish Main Line to and from Penzance, some of which continue eastwards towards Exeter St Davids.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Dockyard||Great Western Railway
Cornish Main Line
|St Budeaux Ferry Road|
|Great Western Railway
Tamar Valley Line
|St Budeaux Victoria Road|
The railway from Plymouth to Gunnislake is designated as the "Tamar Valley Line" community railway and is supported by marketing provided by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership. It is part of the Dartmoor Sunday Rover network of integrated bus and rail routes.
- Oakley, Mike (2007). Devon Railway Stations. Wimbourne: The Dovecote Press. ISBN 978-1-904349-55-6.
- Burkhalter, Paul (1996). Devonport Dockyard Railway. Truro: Twelveheads Press. ISBN 0-906294-37-1.
- "National Rail Timetable 139 (Summer 2008)" (PDF). Network Rail. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- "National Rail Timetable 135 (Summer 2008)" (PDF). Network Rail. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- Beck, Keith; Copsey, John (1990). The Great Western in South Devon. Didcot: Wild Swan Publication. ISBN 0-906867-90-8.
- Cooke, R A (1979). Track Layout Diagrams of the GWR and BR WR: Section 12, Plymouth. Harwell: R A Cooke.
- Crozier, Larry (2000). Mechanical Signalling in Plymouth. Wallasey: Signalling Record Society. ISBN 1-873228-18-X.
- Jacobs, Gerald (2005). Railway Track Diagrams Book 3: Western. Bradford-on-Avon: Trackmaps. ISBN 0-9549866-1-X.
- Leitch, Russell (2002). Plymouth's Railways in the 1930s. Peterborough: Railway Correspondence and Travel Society. ISBN 0-901115-91-6.
- Mosley, Brian (17 February 2007). "Keyham Station (GWR)". Encyclopaedia of Plymouth History. Plymouth Data. Archived from the original on 18 May 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keyham railway station.|