This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abstract hip hop
|Past members||Andy Maddocks
Stylistically, the music of Gescom is closer to electronic dance music, acid techno, and industrial music than Autechre's, with the exception of a few conceptual remixes (and the minidisc, see below). Notable releases include Key Nell, Minidisc, and ISS:SA.
Sean Booth of Autechre describes Gescom as an umbrella project involving 20 or 30 people. However, since most of their releases are anonymous, the exact roster of the project is not widely known.
- Autechre's debut album, Incunabula, has the motto GESCOM "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the spine of the packaging, and thanks Darrell Fitton 4 Gescom in the liner notes.
- Autechre's remix EP Basscad has the motto GESCOM: "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the inside spine of the CD, and says Autechre Music Systems from Gescom Transcendental in the liner notes.
- The Gescom EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), Darrell Fitton (alias Bola), Rob Hall (from Skam Records), and Daniel 72 (a musician and designer near Manchester).
- The Gescom 2 EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), and Andy Maddocks (from Skam Records).
- The Key Nell EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom."
- The Keynell remixes EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom. Additional nurturing & care from Autechre."
- The This EP credits remixes to "Ae" (Autechre), and Velocity Kendall.
- The That EP credits remixes to Tara, Pharoid with Time Chamber, Gescom, and DC Duo's.
- (1994) Gescom E.P. (sometimes Gescom EP1 or Gescom 1)
- (1994) Gescom 2 (sometimes Gescom EP2 or C & D)
- (1995) The Sounds of Machines Our Parents Used
- (1995) Key Nell
- (1996) Motor
- (1996) Keynell (Autechre remixes)
- (1998) This
- (1998) That
- (1998) Minidisc (sometimes Mini Disc) (album released on MD, later on CD)
- (2003) ISS:SA
- (2007) A1-D1 (released as two 12" EPs and one CD album)
- (2011) Skull Snap
All are EPs, except for Minidisc and A1-D1.
Note: each of the three discographies provides its own additional or erroneous information.
- Complete Gescom discography at Xltronic
- Complete Gescom discography at Discogs
- Complete Gescom discography at Lycos (fansite)
- Minidisc Distinction, Prix ARS Electronica 2000
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|