Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is|
|Created by||James DuBose and Keyshia Cole|
|Opening theme||"Just Like You" by|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||33|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||July 12, 2006– December 30, 2008|
Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is is an American reality television series starring R&B singer Keyshia Cole, which aired on BET. The series was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. The series became one of the most-watched programs in BET’s history.
- Humble Beginnings - The series begins in Keyshia's hometown Oakland, California. She visits her sister Neffe. Later, she throws a barbecue block party. She also makes an appearance on a radio talk show to address rumors.
- If I Can You Can - Keyshia hits the road and goes to Las Vegas, Nevada. While there, she speaks with a group of troubled teens. She also throws a contest at a radio station to give one of her fans the chance to sing a duet with her.
- Foundations for the Future - Keyshia states her intentions of starting her own record label. She expresses her interest in the undiscovered rapper, Amina. Later, she goes to record vocals for Diddy's album Press Play.
- The Celebration - Keyshia discovers that her album went platinum and decides to throw a party to celebrate. She and her girls go shopping for something fly to wear. At the party, they all get red carpet treatment.
- Waiting to Exhale - Keyshia's schedule is jammed and she needs a break so she decides to hire a personal assistant. She and Manny conduct interviews for the job. Later, Keyshia and her sister Neffe get into a huge argument after Neffe gets drunk at dinner.
- Mother Pearl - In the groundbreaking season finale, Keyshia decides to visit her estranged mother in jail. She and her mother, Frankie, haven't seen each other in a year, so the confrontation is anything but comfortable. Neffe also gets to see their mother.
- Reunion - Keyshia's mother Frankie is released from prison and Keyshia tries to build a relationship with her.
- Whatever It Takes - Keyshia, Neffe and Frankie attend a family therapy session to resolve issues of the past and present. Later, Frankie speaks to women who were victims of abuse.
- No More Tears, Mama - No synopsis available.
- Girlfriends - No synopsis available.
- Why You Trippin' - No synopsis available.
- Business & Pleasure - Keyshia prepares to launch her record label and clothing line and also searches for a home for her sister, Neffe, and her mother, Frankie. Later, Frankie and Neffe go on a double date.
- Love for the Kids - Keyshia and Neffe try to find their biological fathers in Oakland. Elsewhere, Manny is at home with the kids and he plans a surprise to gather all of Keyshia's brothers and sisters together.
- We Ain't Family! - No synopsis available.
- Black Family Reunion (1) - The reunion begins when Manny locates Keyshia's brother. Keyshia surprises her mom and Neffe with their new home but everybody isn't satisfied.
- The Breakdown - No synopsis available.
- Black Family Reunion (2) - A guy claims to be Keyshia's father and a DNA test is given to see if he's telling the truth.
- A Family Affair - The family reunites to discuss current developments and the birth of Neffe's baby.
- Fresh Start - In the third-season premiere, Keyshia works with a life coach. Meanwhile, Frankie and Neffe clash over their new living arrangements.
- Life Coach - No synopsis available.
- My Two Moms -Frankie struggles with guilt over giving Keyshia up for adoption.
- Guilt-Ridden Moves - No synopsis available.
- Let's Go to Church - Frankie and Yvonne go to church, where they each speak to the congregation. Elsewhere, Neffe thinks Frankie may have relapsed.
- By Faith We Strive - Keyshia meets with a pastor for spiritual advice; Neffe and Frankie are still at odds over Frankie's boyfriend.
- Family Feud - No synopsis available.
- Family Vacation - Keyshia invites her family to Trinidad for a concert and vacation.
- Learn for My Mistakes - Keyshia goes shopping with her niece, who's feeling nervous about attending private school. Later, Keyshia gives clothes to charity and takes her family to a water park.
- A Time for Giving - No synopsis available.
- Nothing but the Blood - Neffe prepares to baptize her son as she struggles with guilt about her past. Elsewhere, Keyshia works on her album in Los Angeles.
- Full Circle - Keyshia visits a youth center to make a donation. Elsewhere, Neffe meets with Kevin, Jaylen's father, while visiting Oakland.
- Transition in Action - Keyshia spends time with her family after finishing her album; Frankie surprises Neffe in their final therapy session; Neffe meets with Bishop Eddie Long.
- New Beginnings - Neffe celebrates her birthday in Las Vegas in the third-season finale. Also: Frankie moves out.
- New Beginnings II - No synopsis available.