|Predecessors||electronic test and measurement division of HP and later Agilent|
|Headquarters||Santa Rosa, California,|
|Ronald S. Nersesian|
(CEO) & (President)
|Revenue||US$4.3 billion (2019)|
|US$711 million (2019)|
|US$621 million (2019)|
|Total assets||US$5.93 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$2.31 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
Keysight Technologies, or Keysight, is an American company that manufactures electronics test and measurement equipment and software. In 2014, Keysight was spun off from Agilent Technologies, taking with it the product lines focused on electronics and radio, leaving Agilent with the chemical and bio-analytical products.
Keysight's products include hardware and software for benchtop, modular, and field instruments. Instruments include oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, atomic force microscopes (AFM), automated optical inspection, automated X-ray inspection (5DX), in-circuit testers, power supplies and handheld tools. In addition, it produces electronic design automation (EDA) software (EEsof division). It mainly serves the telecommunications, aerospace/defense, industrial, computer, and semiconductor industries.
Prior to its existence as an independent company, the group that became Keysight was the electronic test and measurement division of first Hewlett-Packard, and later Agilent. HP began as a company making electronic test equipment, with the computer and life sciences products coming later. In 1999, HP spun-off all test and measurement products into Agilent and retained the computer and printer businesses. On November 1, 2014, the formal separation of Agilent and Keysight Technologies was completed, with Agilent retaining the life science businesses. The separation was implemented through a spinoff of Keysight’s common stock. Agilent shareholders received one share of Keysight common stock for every two shares of Agilent common stock held October 22, 2014.
In August 2015, Keysight announced the acquisition of the UK’s Electroservices Enterprises UK Ltd comprising Electroservices (Midlands) Ltd. and Micro Movements Ltd. Micro Movements Ltd., a bespoke electronic measurement business, was originally incorporated in 1994. The company was incorporated into Electroservices Enterprises UK Ltd in 2013.
In July 2018, Keysight has acquired a subsidiary of Thales Group, Thales Calibration Services in Melbourne Australia.
Keysight won the 2014 Global Frost & Sullivan award for market leadership with $300 million in instrumentation software revenue. The citation states R&D investment of 12% of revenue ($365 million in 2013) as an important factor.
- "Form 10-12B, Registration of securities, for SEC Accession No. 0001047469-14-001833". US Securities and Exchange Commission. 2014-03-05. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Keysight Technologies Fact Sheet" (PDF). Keysight. 17 November 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Keysight page at Yahoo! Finance
- "Keysight Technologies". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- Keysight. "Keysight Technologies History". Keysight.
- "Agilent Technologies Reveals Name of Electronic Measurement Spin-Off Company". Agilent. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Kelly Hill (December 9, 2014). "After spin-off, Keysight strikes out on its own". RCR Wireless News. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
...high-performance instrumentation approach for benchtop equipment ... also has been adding to its modular portfolio ... as well as portable testing products...
- "Keysight News Archive | Agilent Technologies Reveals Name of Electronic Measurement Spin-Off Company | Keysight Press Release". about.keysight.com. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- Keysight. "Circuit Design Software". Keysight.
- Hindle, Patrick; Lerude, Gary (January 14, 2015). "Keysight Technologies: Reborn". Microwave Journal. Retrieved 2015-01-15.
- Rowe, Martin (August 1, 2014). "Goodbye Agilent, hello Keysight". EDN. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
Keysight is, of course, the third name for the business, having been the original company started by Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard in 1939. Agilent severed from HP in 1999 and now Bill and Dave's core business is once again independent.
- Mamidipudi Soumithri (17 June 2015). "Keysight Technologies to buy UK's Anite in $607 million deal". Reuters. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Keysight Technologies Announces Purchase of Electroservices Enterprises Ltd". keysight.com (Press release). 2015-08-28. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Hufford, Austen (January 30, 2017), Keysight to Buy Ixia for About $1.6 Billion, New York City: Wall Street Journal, retrieved January 31, 2017
- Baker, Liana B. (2017-01-30). "Keysight Technologies to buy Ixia for $1.6 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "Keysight Technologies Announces Closing of Acquisition of Ixia -". keysight.com (Press release). 2017-04-18. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- "Keysight's Corporate Headquarters Impacted by Northern California Fires". keysight.com (Press release). 2017-10-09. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- Avalos, George (2017-10-12). "Wine Country inferno singes Keysight Technologies Santa Rosa HQ, but complex still viable, employee spirits strong". The Mercury News. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- Lee, Thomas (2017-10-11). "Grace under pressure: one CEO's efforts to manage wildfire crisis". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "Keysight Technologies Acquires Thales Calibration Services". keysight.com (Press release). 2018-08-13. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- Keysight (2019-03-19). "The TestOps Manifesto: A Blueprint for Connected, Agile Design and Test" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-09-11.
Companies that embrace DevOps workflows report 29% greater productivity from their engineers. TestOps – DevOps for design and test – promises similar benefits.
- "Frost & Sullivan Lauds Keysight Technologies for Maintaining its Lead in the Instrumentation Software Market". Frost & Sullivan. December 3, 2014. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
Investing over 12% of its revenues in R&D, resulting into $365 million in its last fiscal year (2013), has led to the company's success, enabling it to introduce new software meeting evolving end-user technologies.
- Official website
- Business data for Keysight Technologies:
- Top 12 public test and measurement companies by revenue
- New Keysight CEO kicks electronic measurement company into overdrive