|Directed by||Maqbool Khan|
|Written by||Yash Keswani|
|Produced by||Ali Abbas Zafar|
Himanshu Kishan Mehra
|Edited by||Rameshwar S. Bhagat|
|Distributed by||Zee Plex|
Khaali Peeli is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language action masala film starring Ishaan Khatter, Ananya Panday and Jaideep Ahlawat. Khaali Peeli is directed by Maqbool Khan and produced by Ali Abbas Zafar, Zee Studios and Offside Entertainment. The story was written by Yash Keswani and Sima Agarwal.
Principal photography begun on 11 September 2019 and shoot wrapped up in March 2020. The film's initial release on 12 June 2020 was deferred due to COVID-19 pandemic. Khaali Peeli is released digitally on Zee Plex with pay-per-view model on 2 October 2020.
It is about a couple who go to find a key which costs 7,00,00,000.On reaching there they come to know about Don Babban who is a criminal who is actually the couple's landlord.
- Ishaan Khatter as Vijay "Blackie" Chauhan
- Rajesh Desaai as Young Vijay a.k.a. Blackie
- Ananya Panday as Pooja Gaur
- Deshna Duggad as Young Pooja
- Jaideep Ahlawat as Yusuf Chikna
- Zakir Hussain as Inspector Tawde
- Satish Kaushik as Inspector Bhim Singh
- Swanand Kirkire as Choksi Seth
- Suyash Tilak as Mangesh
- Anup Soni as Ravi / Babuji
- Kabir Duhan Singh as Goon
- Bhushan Vikas as Mahesh
- Vinod Nahardih as Mannu
- Purnanand Wandekar as Jaidev
- Vaishali Thakkar as Khala
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||15 September 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The song "Beyonce Sharma Jaayegi" was criticised online for lyrics that some found racist. The song has been contrasted with Beyoncé's "Brown Skin Girl", as Rolling Stone India pointed out how on one hand, Beyoncé is working towards the racial empowerment through her song, but the Bollywood song, names her, and says she will be "embarrassed of fairskined Ananya Panday's dancing skills". HuffPost India wrote "What's a bit of racism sprinkled over the regular dose of sexism". News18 India said "It seems despite the Black Lives Matter movement, the hashtags and the social media outrage, Bollywood hasn't learned much about racism". After receiving heavy backlash online, the director Maqbool Khan apologised. On 13 September, the producers changed the spelling of the title, from "Beyoncé" to "Beyonse". News18 India reported that Jay-Z trademarked and protected the name "Beyoncé" and it therefore cannot be used without their permission. The title was subsequently changed again, to "Duniya Sharma Jayegi". However, despite the name change, the video received 1 million dislikes within its first week on YouTube.
All music is composed by Vishal–Shekhar.
|1.||"Duniya Sharma Jaayegi" (previously "Beyonce Sharma Jaayegi" and "Beyonse Sharma Jaayegi")||Kumaar, Raj Shekhar||Nakash Aziz, Neeti Mohan||3:32|
|2.||"Tehas Nehas"||Kumaar||Shekhar Ravjiani, Prakriti Kakar||3:55|
|3.||"Shana Dil"||Raj Shekhar||Divya Kumar||2:58|
Khaali Peeli was originally scheduled to be released worldwide on 11 June 2020 in cinemas, before the COVID-19 pandemic led to its postponement owing to cinemas shutdown. In August 2020, the makers sold its rights to new PVOD platform Zee Plex. Khaali Peeli was released there on 2 October 2020, coinciding with Gandhi Jayanti. It was simultaneously released in drive-in theatres of Gurugram and Bengaluru.
The film released on the Zee Plex platform alongside Ka Pae Ranasingam. Devansh Sharma from Firstpost wrote, "After Beyond The Clouds and Dhadak, Khatter puts on display yet another side of his multifaceted personality. Khaali Peeli is his most 'commercial' film yet, a la Ranveer Singh in Rohit Shetty's Simmba. But rather than mimicking his idols, Khatter invents his style in conformity with a Mumbai taxi driver on a steady diet of Bollywood films for years — and makes a meal of it. Soumya Srivastava from Hindustan Times stated "Khaali Peeli is a concoction that can only be brewed in the belly of Bollywood. With one chase sequence following on the tails of another, director Maqbool Khan ensures not a single moment is without its adrenaline dialled up to an 11. But it’s quite shocking how easily one can grow bored of craziness as well" 
Shubra Gupta from The Indian Express said, " Khaali Peeli knows that it needs to refresh the tropes it is up against, and manages to do so only some of the time in its two-hour duration"  Uma Ramasubramanian from Mid-Day wrote "Khaali Peeli is the perfect package for Khatter, who gets to showcase his dancing skills, action, drama, romance, comedy and biceps. Known for his love for offbeat films — Majid Majidi's Beyond the Clouds (2017) and forthcoming A Suitable Boy (2020) — the wonder boy is equally crackling in a typical Bollywood entertainer. Panday, though she carries the role efficiently, doesn't deliver authenticity to the character" 
- "Khaali Peeli (2020)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- ANI. "Migsun Group's MD Yash Miglani co-produces Ali Abbas Zafar and Himanshu Mehra's 'Khaali Peeli'". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Ishaan Khatter and Ananya Panday kick-start the shoot for 'Khaali Peeli'". The Times of India. 11 September 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "Taxiwaala Bollywood remake: Vijay Deverakonda's film titled as Khaali Peeli - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Taxiwaala Bollywood remake: Vijay Deverakonda's film titled as Khaali Peeli – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Ishaan Khatter, Ananya Panday's 'Khaali Peeli' to release on VOD service 'Zee Plex' in October". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Khaali Peeli trailer: Ishaan, Ananya promise a typical masala entertainer". 22 September 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jiosaavn. 7 September 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli song Beyonce Sharma Jayegi: Twitter says sorry to Beyonce for the 'racist' Ananya Panday-Ishaan Khatter song". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- Krishna Priya Pallavi (7 September 2020). "Beyonce Sharma Jayegi trends online, Internet apologises to singer for Ananya-Ishaan's new song". India Today. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "'Beyonce Sharma Jayegi' Song from 'Khaali Peeli' Gets 1.5 Lakh 'Dislikes' on YouTube for Racist Lyrics". News18. 8 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "'Beyonce Sharma Jayegi' Is Bollywood's Latest Racist Offering -". 8 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Indian Fans Are Apologising To Beyonce For This Racist 'Khali Peeli' Song". HuffPost India. 7 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli's New Song 'Beyonce Sharma Jaayegi' is Making Indians Apologise to American Singer". News18. 8 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Beyonse Sharma Jayegi: Khaali Peeli makers change Beyonce's spelling after receiving flak for 'racist' song". Hindustan Times. 13 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Beyonce, Beyonse or Duniya Sharma Jayegi? Multiple Song Name Changes Bring 'Khaali Peeli' Confusion". News18. 14 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Racist Beyoncé Lyrics Changed in 'Khaali Peeli' Song". Indian Spice. 14 September 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "'Khaali Peeli' Song 'Beyonce Sharma Jayegi' Gets 1 Million Dislikes on Youtube Despite Name Change". News18. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Ananya Panday: Khaali Peeli is an intense romantic film". India Today. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Ishaan Khatter and Ananya Panday's Khaali Peeli to premiere on ZEE5". easterneye.biz.
- "Ishaan Khatter-Ananya Panday's 'Khaali Peeli' gets a digital release; streaming date out". DNA. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Basu, Mohar. "Khaali Peeli makers to have drive-in premieres in Gurugram, Bengaluru". Mid-Day. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli movie review: Ananya Panday, Ishaan Khatter film celebrates the aimless grandiose of all things Bollywood - Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 3 October 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli movie review: Ishaan Khatter, Ananya Panday take you back to Bollywood's mindless masala years". Hindustan Times. 2 October 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli review: A timepass movie". The Indian Express. 3 October 2020.
- "Khaali Peeli Movie Review: Off for a bumpy ride". mid-day. 3 October 2020.