Egyptian Arabic: [xædiːgɑ]
|Word/name||From Khadija bint Khuwaylid, first wife of Muhammad|
|Region of origin||Arabia|
|Related names||Khadijah, Khatija, Khatijah, Katijah, Khadeejah, Hadja, Hadia, Hatice, Tijah|
|Look up Khadija in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Khadija (Khadeeja) (Arabic: خديجة) is an Arabic feminine given name, the name of Khadija bint Khuwaylid, first wife of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad. Khadija is one of the three most popular Arabic female names in the Muslim world, Together with Fatima, and Aisha. Hatice is the Turkish equivalent..
Other notable people with the name Khadija include:
- Khadijah of the Maldives, Sultana of the Maldives from 1347 to 1380
- Turhan Hatice Sultan, concubine of Ottoman Sultan Ibrahim I
- Hatice Muazzez, Polish Jewish wife of Ottoman Sultan Ibrahim I
- Khadija Gayibova, Azerbaijani pianist (1893–1938)
- Khadija Abbouda, Moroccan athlete
- Khadija Ahrari, Afghan politician
- Khadija al-Salami, Yemeni film producer
- Khadija Amin, Bangladesh Nationalist Party politician and Member of Parliament
- Khadija Arib, Dutch politician
- Khadijah Farrakhan, wife of Louis Farrakhan
- Khadijah Hashim, Malaysian journalist and teacher
- Khadija Ismayilova, Azerbaijani journalist
- Khadija Mumtaz, Malayalam-language writer
- Khadija Qalanjo, Somali singer and dancer
- Khadija Salum Ally Al-Qassmy, Tanzanian politician
- Khadijah Whittington, American basketball
- Lane, Edward William (1863). An Arabic-English Lexicon, derived from the best and most copious eastern sources. Williams & Norgate.
- Schimmel, Annemarie (1989). Islamic Names. Edinburgh University Press. p. 43. ISBN 0852245637.
- Tham, Seong Chee (1990). A Study of the Evolution of the Malay Language: Social Change and Cognitive Development. NUS Press. p. 85. ISBN 9971691361.
- Arquilevich, Gabriel (1995). World Religions. Teacher Created Resources. p. 115. ISBN 1557346240.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|