Khadim Hussain Rizvi
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Khadim Hussain Rizvi|
|Chairman of Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan|
Assumed office |
1 August 2015
|Preceded by||Position established|
22 June 1966|
Khadim Rizvi was born in Attock, Punjab. He founded a political party, Tehreek Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), a political front for Tehreek Labbaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLYP). He has authority on the Hadith and also has memorized the Quran. He was active during the trial of Mumtaz Qadri, who assassinated Salmaan Taseer, the Punjab Governor, for opposing the blasphemy laws. Rizvi has been confined to a wheelchair since 2006 ever since an accident near Gujranwala. Rizvi was injured because the driver of his vehicle fell asleep while driving from Rawalpindi to Lahore.
On 6 November 2017, Rizvi organized a long march from Lahore to Islamabad against those involved in attempts to amend Ordinance XX. Rizvi was publicly criticised for creating an environment of intolerance.
- "The Mullah of NA-120". Nation.com.pk. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Pakistan hangs killer of Salman Taseer". 29 February 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2017 – via www.BBC.com.
- "Who is Khadim Hussain Rizvi?". 3 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017 – via www.dawn.com.
- "Tehreek Labik to hold Islamabad long march". Nation.com.pk. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- Hussain, Shaiq; Constable, Pamela (11 November 2017). "Large religious protests halt traffic in Islamabad and Rawalpindi". Retrieved 18 December 2017 – via www.WashingtonPost.com.
- "Tehreek Labaik Ya Rasool Allah (SAW) protest continue - Times of Islamabad". TimesOfIslamabad.com. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- Shahrukh, Malik (2017-11-25). "Discordant Saga of Blasphemy". https://www.nation.com.pk. External link in
- Ali, Kalbe (2017-12-03). "Who is Khadim Hussain Rizvi?". dawn.com.
|This Pakistani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|