Born in Dakar, she studied at the École Normale Supérieure where she became interested in a literary career. She later became one of a small number of African women film makers. Her An Open Window won a first film prize at the Marseille Festival of Documentary Film .
|Library resources about
|By Khady Sylla|
- Le Jeu de la Mer [The Game of the Sea]. Paris: L'Harmattan, 1992. ISBN 2-7384-1563-6
- An Open Window
- Les Bijoux-(1997), Short film
- Colobane Express (1999), docu-drama about the passengers of a Senegalese bus.
- Une fenêtre ouverte (2005), documentary short (52 min.)
- "Sénégal: décès de la cinéaste Khady Sylla - Le Point". Lepoint.fr. 2013-06-30. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Khady Sylla: An author from Senegal writing in French
- Howard University, a brief mention along with other artists
|This article about a Senegalese writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|