|village and union council|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Khaglan Wala (ڪھگلانواله) is a village and union council of Isakhel Tehsil of Mianwali District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is part of Isa Khel Tehsil and is located at 32°37'60N 71°16'0E.It is located on the northern bank of Kurram River. It is one of the villages situated on the western borders of Punjab province adjacent to KPK province. Its population is about 3000 people . It is a comparatively developed village as basic facilities like electricity, telephone, metallic road, internet, schools, water supply system and sewerage system are provided to the inhabitants of this village. It is also a well-planned village situated on a 40 feet wide (18' metallic) road. A 30' main street runs east to west through the village by equally dividing the entire village into two parts. Three other streets run north to south crossing the main street at 90°. There are four mosques including a grand mosque (Jamae Masjid or Waddi Maseet) situated in this settlement. The scene of river Kurram alongside bela jungle give beautiful look to this historical village. Khaglanwala is a hub of different routs coming from various villages situated on other side of the River Kurram to reach Isa Khel city.
The name “Khaglanwala” was given due to the tree “Khagal”[ English: Tamarisk, Punjabi: Okan, Urdu: Farash, Pashto/Baochi : Ghaz] which were found there in large number in the past. But, at present, hardly a few old Khagal trees exist there.
Present day Khaglanwala was rehabilitated on a nearby land after destruction of old Khaglanwala some 110 years ago due to erosion by River Kurram. This Village was founded by the people of Mammun Khel clan of Isa Khel Niazies after their defeat in the battle with Khan Zaman Zako Khel and Sardar Jehan Khan Popalzai, the commander of Ahmad Shah Abdali, in 1748. It is the center of Khizar Khel, Ahmad Khel, Azeem Khel, Sarwarkhel and Naurang Khel branches of Mammun Khel Tribe. The village became a Union Council in the sixties due to its central position in the area.
Local people speak Saraiki(سرائكى) Language.
Majority of residents of the village are Niazies and Awans.The notable Niazi sub-tribes are Khizarkhel (Mohalla Khizarkhel), Ahmad Khels, Naurang Khels and Azeem Khels. The later hailed from Ghazi Khel clan of Mammun Khel tribe. The Hassu Khel and Khushhalay Khel's are major Jat sub-clans of Uttar Khel Jat tribe. A few houses of Qureshies, Syeds, Kaneras (Weavers), Tarkhans (Carpenters), Lohars (Blacksmiths) and other craftsmen like Mirasies (drummers) and Kumhars (Pot makers) are also present there.Some Hindu families also lived in this village during pre-partition time and later on migrated to India in 1946. '
People from this village living in other areas
Many people from this village live in other areas of Pakistan and rest of the world, in Pakistan they mainly live in Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Khanewal, Karachi, Haiderabad, Sukkur & Lahore.
- Umar Khan, Khizar Khel (Died 1947, 32 Chak Khanewal)
- Moazzam ud Din Khan, Khizar khel (Late)
- Cap. Muhammad Amin Khan, Khizar khel (late)
- Amir Abdullah Khan (Late)
- Sub. Muhammad Aslam Khan, Khizar khel (late)
- Ghulam Qadir Khan Khizar Khel (Late)
- Abdul Rehman khan Khizar Khel (Late)
- Faiz Muhammad Khan Chairman khizar khel (Late)
- Haji Taj Muhammad Khan Azeem Khel (late)
- Hidayat Ullah Khan Azeem khel
- Ubaidullah Khan Azeem khel (Late)
- Raza Muhammad Khan Azeem Khel (Late)
- Muhammad Bilal Khan Azeem khel
- Tariq Mahmood Khan Azeem khel
- Haji Faiz Muhammad Khan Azeem Khel (Late)
- Karam Shah Qureshi (Late)
- Haji Mehar khan Ahmed khel
- Nemat Ullah Khan Advocate
- Haji Ameer Mohammad khan Ahmed khel (Late)
- Hakim Faiz Muhammad Qureshi (Late)
- Dr. Muhammad Zaheer-ud-Din Khan Azeem Khel (Ph.D)
- Late Faqir Hussain Shah (Kabaddi Player)
- Asmat Ullah khan Niazi Khizar Khel PTV Producer
- Haji Muhmmad Rafique Khan Ahmad Khel
- Haji shafique Khan ahmed khel
- Abdul rasheed khan Ahmed khel (DDO)
- Khizar Hayat Khan Khizarkhel
- Sikandar Hayat Khan Khizar Khel
- Muhammad Nadeem Khan Qazafi Khizar Khel
- Babar Khan Niazi S/O Ghulam Muhammad Khan Khizar Khel
- Tariq Khan Niazi (Late) (voice Chairman Bannu) S/O Ghulam Muhammad Khan Khizar Khel
- Dr. Muhammad Saeed.
- Abdul kareem khan fames Babbi khan
- Haji Ghulam Abbas Khan Khizar Khel
- Cao. zubair Ahmed khel
- Mohammad Akram Khan Niazi Khizar Khel
- Asim Shahzad Niazi Khizar Khel
- Anjaf Shahzad Niazi Khizar Khel
- Nouman Khan Niazi Khizar Khel
- Arsalan Khan Niazi Khizar Khel
- Jamshed Ali Niazi Khizar Khel
|This article about a location in Mianwali District, Punjab, Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|