|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
Location of Khagrachari in Bangladesh
|• Total||2,749.16 km2 (1,061.46 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|• Summer (DST)||BDST (UTC+7)|
Khagrachari (Bengali: খাগড়াছড়ি[needs IPA]) is a district in south-eastern Bangladesh. It is a part of the Chittagong Division and the Chittagong Hill Tracts. Its local name is "Chengmi". Khagrachari is also known as Phalang Htaung (ဖလံေထာင္) or the Mong Circle (of the rest of the three hill districts Rangamati is the Chakma Circle (သက္ေထာင္) and Bandarban (ဗိုလ္မင္းေထာင္) is the Bohmong Circle). Khagrachari town is the home town of the Mong Chief (currently King, or Raja, Saching Prue Chowdhury ဗိုလ္မင္း သာစိန္ျဖဴ) who is the head of the Arakanese descendants living in the circle. It also is the administrative headquarters of Khagrachari district.
Khagrachari is a valley. It has three river namely Chengi, Kasalong and Maini. Chengi is the longest river in Khagrachari. Most of the land of Khagrachari are hilly areas. The majority of indigenous people are MARMA and others.
Upazilas under this district are:
- Dighinala Upazila
- Khagrachhari Upazila
- Lakshmichhari Upazila
- Mahalchhari Upazila
- Manikchhari Upazila
- Matiranga Upazila
- Panchhari Upazila
- Ramgarh Upazila
Administrator of Zila Porishod: Kujendrolaal Tripura
Deputy Commissioner (DC): Anis-Ul-Haque Bhuiya 
Mong king: Chai Hla Prue Chowdhury 
Most of the people lives on Jhum cultivation.
NGO in Khagrachari: Parbatya Bouddha Mission (PBM), established in 1983,a non profit organization, is working for the socio-economic, educational and cultural development of the poor people in the Khagrachari Hill District of the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of Bangladesh.
Khagrachori Govt. College, established in 1975. The college is now situated on 8.5 acres of land in a beautiful natural environment near the entrance gate of Khagrachari town beside the main road of the hilly district.Khagrachari govt girls high school established in 1985.It is a renowned school for girls in khagrachari town.It has high qualified teaching staff.The school is now situated on 4 acres of land in beautiful natural environment.
Places of interest
=== Khagrachari’s attractive tourists’ spots ===
1. Alutila Tourists spot: Khagrachari – Chittagong Road, 5 km away from the Parjatan motel. Local Buses, Chader gari, fare- 8/10 tk. Microbus can be rented as well.
2. Alutila Mysterious Cave: East of the Alutila Tourists’ spot under the mountain 150 meter long flowing natural waterfall. Chittagong Road, 5 km shout from the motel. Local Buses or Chader gari, fare- 8/10 tk. Microbus can be rented as well.
3. Richhang waterfall: Khagrachari – Chittagong road the area of Hridoy member. 7 km shout from the Porjoton motel. 2 km shout from Alutila, 1.50 km from east from the main road. Local bus or Chader gari until Hridoy Member area. Rest 1.50 km by foot.
4. Hundred or more years old banyan tree: Hundred or more years old banyan tree which is spreading almost 2 acres. Till Matiranga 10 number region of Khagrachari- Chittagong Road Buses / chader gari. Fare 10/15 tk, and rest 2.5 km by foot or own vehicles.
5. Nunchhori Debota Pond: The Nunchhori Tripura Village is 13 km south from Porjoton motel, 4 km west from Maishkhali Army camp of Khagrachari – Rangamati road. From there almost 1500 feet above, at the peak of the Mountain is the Debota lake. Local bus or chader gari of Khagrachari – Rangamati Route until Maishchori Army camp. Rest of the 4–5 km by foot. If there is private car then it can go until the Tripura Village.
6. Yonged Buddha Bihar: At Khagrachari town, 2 km far from Motel. Accessible by rickshaw.
7. Panichari Brihot Buddha sculpture: Shantipur Arannya Kuthir - 25 km south from Khagrachari is peripheral region. The largest Buddha sculpture of Bangladesh is situated here. Khagrachari – Panichari Local bus fare- 35 tk. The road is flat.
8. Dighinala Manikker Dighi: One regional town situated 21 km south from Khagrachari. The Jhulonto Bridge, Buddha Bihar, Raja Manikker Dighi, Tribal culture, tradition and ancient standard of living. Khagrachari – Dighinala Bus/ 4 Wheel drive gyp.
9. Dighinala Touduchhori Waterfall: It contains wild Elephants roaming around in groups; the place is cluttered with enormous stones and waterfalls. From Khagrachari – Dighinala road Bus/ Chader gari (gyp), fares 25/40 tk. Rest of the road by foot. The communication here is not urbanized yet.
10. Shajek and Marissa Vally: Endless natural beauty of green Mound. It’s hard to describe in words. It’s better if a private or rented car is available.
11. New Zealand : Only plain land in Khagrachari. Green paddy trees and Mountains behind this plain land gives a very eye catching natural beauty. As because of this kind of scenery local people call this place New Zealand. Now-a-days it is also a tourists attraction and its about 10-15 mins far from main town. One may use auto rickshaw for their transportaion.
Religious composition (1991)
Muslim - 34.45%, Buddhist - 48.51%, Hindu - 16.69%, Christian - 0.27% and Others - 0.08. Religious institutions 2472 mosques, 937 Buddhist (656 pagodas, 281 temples), 170 temples and 4 churches.
Hotels and resorts
1. Parjatan Motel. 2. Hotel Ecochari Inn. www.ecochariinn.com 3. Khagrachari Guest House,College Road,Mahajonpara,Khagrachari.Phone No.0088- 0371-61501,cell-0088-01556510951 4.zeran hotel,narical bagan,college road,khagrachari. 5.system resturent,pan khaiya para,khagrachari.phone no-0088-0371-62634,cell-01556773493,01732-906322 6.khangmoi resturent(fast food),pan khaiya para,khagrachari.
Member of ninth Jatiyo Sangshad
Khagrachhari Seat 298: Jatindra Laal Tripura [from Awami League]   Before Jatindra Laal Tripura, Wadud Bhuiyan was the Member of Parliament of Khagrachari Seat 298. He was also the Chairman of the Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Board at that period. Wadud Bhuiyan was two times MP.