|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
ضلعو خیر پور
|• Total||15,910 km2 (6,140 sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Number of Tehsils||8|
Khairpur District is a district in the Sindh province of Pakistan. The district has an area of 15,910 square km. and is headquartered at the city of Khairpur. It has 8 talukas, 76 Union councils, 11 towns, 6800 Villages and total population 1546587 (Male 810448 and Female Population 736139) according to (Census) 1998.
Following are the demographic indicators of the district as per the 1998 census of Pakistan:
Khairpur District is located in between middle and northern Sindh and is bounded on the north by Shikarpur and Sukkur, on the east by India, on the south by Sanghar and Nawabshah and on the west by Larkana, Naushahro Feroz and the Indus River.
People from the Khairpur District
- Mir Ali Murad Talpur - Former Ruler of the princely state of Khairpur
- Sachal Sarmast - Eighteenth-Century Sufi Poet
- Qaim Ali Shah - Former Chief Minister of Sindh Province
- Ghous Ali Shah - Former Defense Minister of Pakistan and Former Chief Minister of Sindh province.
- Pir Pagaro
- Basti, Malik Peeran Ditta daisi. "populated places of Alipur Tehsil". Local. ciclone. Retrieved 24 November 2011.