Khaled K. El-Hamedi
|Khaled K. El-Hamedi
خالد الخويلدي الحميدي
|President of the International Organization for Peace, Care and Relief رئيس المنظمة العالمية للسلم والرعاية والإغاثة|
31 December 1973 |
Khaled El-Khweldi El-Hamedi is a Libyan humanitarian peace activist and the founder of the Tripoli-based International Organization for Peace, Care and Relief ( IOPCR ) . He also has a degree in Computer Engineering. ( Arabic :خالد الخويلدي الحميدي )
Early life and education
- El-Hamedi was born on 31 December 1973 in Tripoli, Libya. He grew up in the city and received his Bachelor of Engineering Science with a major in Computing in 1996 from the Faculty of Engineering at Tripoli's AlFatah University. In 2001 he obtained a master's degree in Business Administration in Telecommunications from the International University in Geneva, Switzerland, having passed with high distinction.
- El-Hamedi has established the National Consulting and Inspection Bureau in the year 1997, and developed the National Bureau to become a holding company
As President of IOPCR, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with special consultative status on the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN), El-Hamedi stimulated the activities of the organization in many humanitarian fields around the globe. In March 2002, he went to Kuwait to help handle the issue of Kuwaiti prisoners of war and those reported missing in action during the Iraq War, as well as heading the 'No to war, Yes to peace' Campaign to deliver aid to the children of Iraq. He also raised a tent at the Rafah Border Crossing on the Egyptian – Palestine border under the slogan 'Stop The Bleeding' as a protest over Israel's January 2009 invasion of the Gaza Strip.
IOPCR has engaged in various forms of aid work in Algeria, Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Sudan, Bosnia as well as made local contributions to different care centers throughout Libya such as orphanages and homes for the elderly.
During recent years El-Hamedi has achieved agreements with a number of International Organizations working in the field of humanitarian relief such as The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), The Italian Council for Refugees (CIR), The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), - Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), The International Islamic Relief Organization (IR), and The International Organization for Migration (IOM).
- In Ramallah - Palestine, in December 2009, the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas granted Khaled El-Hamedi The Decoration of Al-Quds in the first degree in recognition of his humanitarian efforts and support for the Palestinian People.
- In the Gaza Strip - Palestine, in January 2010, the Prime Minister of the Palestinian National Authority Ismail Haniyeh granted the Medal of courage to the President of the Organization for breaking the siege of the Gaza Strip at (The Conscience of the World) tent that witnessed the signing of the fraternity program between Palestinian and Libyan families.
In El-Hamedi's specialist field, American Fork, Utah based Certiport Inc. presented him with the Inspiration Award in recognition of his visionary leadership in the promotion of digital literacy (Champion of Digital literacy CDL 2009) as Chairman of Eng Holding group in Libya during the Certiport Pathways 2009 Gala awards ceremony.
- ENG Holding Group official website.
- The Organizations Application
- SHEIKH MOHAMMED AL-SABAH RECEIVES FOREIGN OFFICIALS, KUNA / Politics / 4 March 2002
- Kuwait News Agency KUNA
- A Libyan relief plane arrives in Baghdad today with a slogan 'NO to war, YES to peace', Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper, 23 December 2002, issue 8791
- UNHCR signs agreement aimed at ensuring refugee protection in Libya, UNHCR News, 4 July 2008
- Libyan NGO pledges to support UNHCR in North Africa, UNHCR News, 26 February 2007
- Initiatives in favour of refugees in Libya, CIR press release, 29 February 2008 Archived 25 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ambassador Mannan conducts important talks in Libya, Organisation of The Islamic Conference news, 28 December 2008
- Partnership with Libyan Civil Society Assists Detained Migrants, IOM press briefing 12-06-2009
- Alshames newspaper
- Charity Concert Raises Awareness on the Dangers of Irregular Migration, African Press Organization, 23 October 2009
- Rescued Migrants Speak of Ordeal,IOM Press Briefing, 01-04-2009
- UNRWA signs a Cooperation Agreement with IOPCR
- The Palestinian President granted Khaled El-Hamedi The decoration of Al-Quds
- The Medal of courage for the President of the Organization and signing a fraternity program, Alittihad newspaper
- Libyan Businessman Captures Certiport Inspiration Award, Certiport News, 1 August 2009
- Libyan Businessman Captures Certiport Inspiration Award, Generation of new technology, press releases, 1 August 2009