Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa|
|Born||23 September 1989|
|Spouse||Princess Sahab bint Abdullah Al Saud (2011–2016)|
Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa (2017–present)
|Issue||Faisal bin Khalid Al Khalifa|
Abdullah bin Khalid Al Khalifa
Munirah bint Khalid Al khalifa
|Mother||Sheia bint Hassan Al Khrayyesh Al Ajmi|
|Years of service||2008–present|
|Battles/wars||Yemeni Civil War|
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Titles, styles and awards
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Initiatives
- 7 Hobbies
- 8 References
Early life and education
Khalid bin Hamad was born on 13 September 1989. He is the fifth son of Bahraini ruler, King Hamad. His mother is the second wife of King Hamad, Sheikha Sheia bint Hassan Al Khrayyesh Al Ajmi, and he is full-brother of Nasser bin Hamad.
Khalid bin Hamad is a military officer with the rank of Major and commands Royal Guard's Rapid Intervention Force. He is the president of the Bahrain Royal Equestrian and Endurance Federation and first deputy chairman of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports.
Khalid bin Hamad married Princess Sahab bint Abdullah Al Saud (born 14 February 1993), daughter of Saudi Arabia's late ruler King Abdullah, on 6 June 2011 in Riyadh. They have two sons: Faisal (born 12 December 2012) and Abdullah (born 6 February 2015). Sahab and Khalid named their second son after Sahab's father - the late King Abdullah.
After divorcing. Khalid married his cousin Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa on July 7, 2017. They have one daughter: Munira (born 4 April 2018).
Titles, styles and awards
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
- His Highness was awarded the Sheikh Isa bin Salman Medal of Military Bravery, 20 October 2015
- His Highness was awarded the Order of Sheikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa, First Class, 31 March 2014
- His Highness was awarded the King Hamad Order of Renaissance, First Class, 13 December 2009
- His Highness was awarded the Order of Bahrain, First Class, 11 March 2009
Medals & Awards
- The International Wrestling Federation awarded him the Fifth Honorary Golden medal in wrestling. His Highness is considered as the fifth global person, who has been awarded this medal. The International Wrestling Federation previously granted this medal to the presidents of four countries namely, Russia; Azerbaijan; Kazakhstan; and Hungary. Consequently, His Highness has joined the list of the International Federation for the persons with most contribution and effectiveness to develop and improve the sport of self-defense and mixed martial arts, 26 January 2016
- His Highness has received the African Award for Leadership, category of (the most creative sporting event) including some categories in the cultural, science, sports and economic fields. This award has been declared by the Social Organization for Global Companies – with its headquarters in India, 10 December 2014. The award was received in the State of Africa, Mauritius
- His Highness received the award of HH Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President of UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai for Creative Sport Award in the sixth round thereof, category of (Athlete achieved outstanding successes), 25 November 2014, Dubai, State of United Arab Emirates.
- Honorary President of Bahrain Disabled Sports Federation, October 2016
- Honorary President of Bahrain Mixed Martial Arts Federation, October 2016
- Honorary President of Gulf Championships Media Sports, 2015
- Founder of KHK MMA Organization, 2015
- His Highness was elected as President of West Asian Athletics Association, March 2013
- His Highness was appointed as President of Bahrain Athletics Association, 14 October 2012
- His Highness was entrusted with the position of First Deputy President of Supreme Council for Youth & Sports, 6 September 2010
- His Highness was appointed as member of the Supreme Council for Youth & Sports, 19 March 2010
- His Highness was President of the Royal Federation of Equestrian and Endurance Races, June 2009 – 2013
- His Highness occupied the position of Honorary President of Najma Club from 2006-2014
- His Highness occupied the position of First Deputy President of the Bahrain Royal Equestrian and Endurance Federation 2003-2012
- His Highness participated in the coalition forces under the leadership of Kingdom of Saudi in the republic of Yemen, 2015
- His Highness visited (707) Battalion of South Korean Army, 30 September 2014
- His Highness witnessed simulation of the largest military parachute drop in the world in commemoration of Netherlands liberation, 20 September 2014
- His Highness opened Al Khalifa Hall in British Paratroopers’ Unit in the British Army, 18 September 2014
- His Highness was promoted to the rank of Major, 31 March 2014
- His Highness was promoted to the rank of Captain, July 2013
- His Highness was appointed as Commander of the Rapid Intervention Force in the Royal Guard, 2013
- Passed the Commando course in the British Royal Marines in UK, September 2012
- His Highness passed the Thunderbolt course for the trainer officers in France, July 2012
- His Highness was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant, June 2009
- His Highness ranked first in the foundational Officers Course No. 28, dated 6 May 2009.
- His Highness achieved the second rank in the course of diving and Special Forces in the Royal Navy Force, February 2009
- His Highness graduated from the British Military Academy, Sandhurst, August 2008
- His Highness launched (BRAVE) Combat Federation to organize championships for professionals in Mixed Martial Arts and the first edition launch on 23 September 2016
- His Highness achieved his first global recognition in the sport of mixed martial arts by winning the bronze medal in the first international European Open Championship for Amateurs 21 November 2015
- His Highness established his own Mixed Martial Art team at an amateur and professional level on 14 August 2015
- His Highness established Khalid bin Hamad Mixed Martial Arts Organization KHK MMA in 2015
- His Highness was part of the Bahraini Triathlon Team and achieved first rank in the IronMan Championship in New York, America on 22 June 2014
- His Highness passed the challenging swim, from Sunset Beach Resort in KSA to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa in the Kingdom of Bahrain, covering a distance of 42 km within 20 hours on Friday, 14 March 2014 for the benefit of patients with cancer
- His Highness was part of the Bahraini Team for IronMan International Championship in America, 2013
- His Highness participated in several Ironman Championships and achieved various results 2012- 2014
- His Highness achieved second rank in Thetford Endurance Championship, United Kingdom, 27 June 2009
- His Highness achieved third rank at the International Endurance Championship in Malaysia as part of the Bahrain Royal Equestrian and Endurance Federation team, November 2008
- His Highness achieved first rank in the British Thetford Championship, 10 August 2008
- Established Al Khalidya Stables for equestrian endurance races in 2004
- His Highness is a member of the Bahrain Royal Endurance Team, since the establishment of the team in 2000, under the leadership of his brother, HH Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- His Highness became an endurance trainer and won the title of the youngest trainer in the world
- His Highness worked on the design and manufacturing of a car and named it (K.A.G) in 2007, on the occasion of his graduation from Ibn Khuldoon National School.
- Khalid bin Hamad Futsal League for People with Disabilities
- Khalid bin Hamad Youth Theatre Award for People with Disabilities
- Initiative of Swimming from Saudi to Bahrain for the benefit of Cancer patients
- Khalid bin Hamad Horse Racing Cup and for People with Disabilities
- University Bachelor Scholarships for people with disabilities in University of Bahrain
- His Highness sponsored the Halat Exhibition with revenues to be granted to families of martyrs of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- His Highness visited many homes for the Geriatric and National organizations for persons with disabilities
- Khalid bin Hamad Youth Theatre Award for National Clubs and Youth Centers
- Khalid bin Hamad for Sustainable Development Projects Award
- Khalid bin Hamad Award for Young Novelists, 24 hours
- Honouring poets in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Khalid bin Hamad Graduation Projects Award for Universities in Bahrain
- Sponsoring the World Robotics Olympiad “WRO” for Schools
- Sponsoring the Gulf Innovation Forum under the slogan “#Innovate_our_Future”
- Khalid bin Hamad Futsal League for Youth Centers
- Khalid bin Hamad Horse Cup
- Khalid bin Hamad Cup for GCC Sports Media
- Khalid bin Hamad Cup for Sports Media
- Khalid Bin Hamad Falcon Championship
- Khalid bin Hamad Futsal Cup for National Clubs
- Adopting Mixed Martial Arts and spreading its culture
- Equestrian, Falconry, Endurance Horse Riding, Horse Jumping and he was awarded the title of the Comprehensive Knight
- Falconry and Archery
- Football, Cycling, Skydiving and Triathlon
- Hoi Jeon Moo Sool and Mixed Martial Arts
|Ancestors of Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa|
- "Biography". Official website. Archived from the original on 25 April 2013.
- "The Al Khalifa Dynasty". Royal Ark. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Gordon Rayner (17 February 2011). "WikiLeaks: US wanted 'derogatory' information on Bahrain king's sons". The Telegraph. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Royal Guard Commander Patronises Graduation Ceremony". Bahrain News Agency. 2 May 2013.
- "HM the King Patronizes HM's Cup for Overall and Young Endurance Competitions". Bahrain News Agency. 23 February 2013.
- "King of Bahrain`s son marries Saudi king`s daughter". Dawn. Riyadh. 18 June 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- Bahraini King's Son Injured in Yemen. Fars News Agency. Published 30 September 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "Shaikh Khalid bin Hamad marries daughter of Saudi Monarch". Bahrain News Agency. 16 June 2011. Archived from the original on 29 March 2014.
- "Birth of HH Sheikh Abdullah bin Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa". Diplomat Magazine. 7 February 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2016.