Khalida Inayat Noor
Khalida Noor got her Master's and Bachelor's degree from University of the Punjab in Lahore in 1965 and 1967 respectively and also got her Master of Philosophy in mathematics from Islamabad University in 1968 and a Ph.D. from Wales University in 1972. From 1980 to 1981, she was a student advisor and member of the Board of Studies at Islamia University, Bahawalpur and from 1982 to 1988 was an Equivalence Committee member in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
In 2010, she was a member of the Editorial Board of many international journals of Mathematics and Engineering sciences, and had as many as 300 research papers published in leading world-class scientific journals. Two of her students have graduated with a Ph.D. while another two have submitted their Ph.D. theses. She is also a member of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and a Chartered Mathematician in the United Kingdom. Besides those qualifications, she also is a fellow at both the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and Institute of Biographical Association and is mentioned in many Who's Who series of books in the United Kingdom and the United States. Noor is a professor of mathematics in the United Arab Emirates University. In October 1996, one of her papers appeared in the Journal of Mathematics.
Reputation as a mathematician
Her peers consider her research to be innovative and outstanding with new techniques and a huge number of new ideas which her peers are motivated by and find them inspiring. She has appeared as a guest speaker at several national and international conferences.
She is a fellow and member of the following Scientific Societies:
- Member, American Mathematical Society, United States
- Life Member, Punjab Mathematical Society, Pakistan
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, U.K.
- Fellow, Institute of Biographical Association, U.K.
- Khalida Inayat Noor's Pride of Performance Award in 2011 on The Express Tribune (newspaper) Published 22 March 2011, Retrieved 28 October 2019
- "Hiring of Foreign Faculty (For one year or more) (Profile of Khalida Inayat Noor)". Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Curriculum vitae" (PDF). GeoCities.org website. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Profile of Khalida Inayat Noor". Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- Khalida Inayat Noor (October 1996). "Some Classes of Starlike Functions" (PDF). pp. 553–566. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
|This article about a PakistanI mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|