Persian Gulf (missile)
A Khalij Fars missile on a transporter
|Type||Anti-ship ballistic missile|
|Engine||Solid (single stage)|
Khalij Fars (Persian: موشک خلیج فارس, "Persian Gulf") is an Iranian single-stage solid-propellant, supersonic anti-ship quasi ballistic missile with a range of 300 km based on the Fateh-110 missile. It is equipped with a 650 kg explosive warhead and an interception evading guidance system.
The missile was unveiled in Feb 2011 when the Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, announced that it is being mass-produced. The Iranian Fars News agency released a footage of the missile hitting a target ship successfully. The missile was first tested during the Great Prophet 3 naval wargames in 2008. Israeli expert Uzi Rubin describes the missile as a game changer if used against US carriers in the Strait of Hormuz.
There have been two other publicized tests of the missile. One occurred in July 2011 and the other in July 2012. The latter test also showed footage taken by the missile's electro-optical seeker locked onto its target.
Features and capabilities
||This section may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Some of the Persian Gulf missile:
- A radius of 300 km operating range missiles
- Single-stage solid fuel
- Powered by a 650 kg explosive warhead that uses a combination of guidance systems that prevent the interception.
- Advanced electro tip of the cap to a system to discover and navigate to the target
- Independent after firing a missile that relied on their internal navigation system to travel without worrying about radio interference
- Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Aerospace Force of the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution
- Defense industry of Iran
- Equipment of the Iranian Army
- Great Prophet III (military exercise)
- Great Prophet IX
- "The accuracy of the Persian Gulf missile reached below 10 meters". Mashregh News. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Iran Increases Precision Capability of Persian Gulf Ballistic Missile". Fars News Agency (FNA). Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Iran increases precision of indigenous missile". Press TV. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Commander: IRGC Mass-Producing Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles, Fars News Agency, February 7, 2011
- "Iran Makes Giant Strides in Missile Programs". Newsmax. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "در آخرین مرحله از رزمایش موشکی پیامبر اعظم(ص) 7 انجام شد شلیک موشک "خلیجفارس" به سمت هدف دریایی/ مانور ویژه جنگندهها و پهپادهای سپاه". Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- IRIB TV6, Video here
- Young newspapers, Wednesday , 19 June 2013و First Page,
|This article related to the Iranian armed forces is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|