This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Khalil Bendib (born Paris, France) is an Algerian fine artist and political cartoonist. Born during the Algerian revolution, Bendib spent 3 years in Morocco before returning to Algeria aged 6. After receiving his Bachelor's degree in Algiers, he left Algeria at the age of 20. He currently resides in Berkeley, California.
Bendib became a professional political cartoonist and sculptor/ceramicist after earning his Master's Degree at the University of Southern California in 1982. His early political cartoons were published in the USC Daily Trojan newspaper.
Largely utilizing the internet, Bendib now distributes his political cartoons independently to alternative media outlets outside of the corporate mainstream media. By August 2007, when his first book, Mission Accomplished: Wicked Cartoons by America's Most Wanted Political Cartoonist, was published, Bendib's cartoons had appeared in more than 1,700 small and mid-sized newspapers.
In addition to his work as a cartoonist, Bendib also co-hosts a weekly one-hour radio program called Voices of the Middle East and North Africa on Pacifica Radio station KPFA (94.1 FM), in Berkeley, California.
In 2008, Bendib ran a spoof campaign for President of the United States, claiming to be the first Muslim-American candidate. However, Randall A. Venson, an actual candidate preceded him in 2000.
- Mission Accomplished: Wicked Cartoons by America's Most Wanted Political Cartoonist, Olive Branch Press/Interlink Books, 2007
- http://www.wrmea.org/1994-june/california-chronicle-memorial-dedicated-to-slain-activist-alex-odeh.html ]
-  Archived July 7, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Khalil Bendib (2007-09-10). "First Muslim American president?". SFGate. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
-  Archived May 16, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Khalil Bendib's political cartoons website
- Studio Bendib
- Mission Accomplished
- A Conversation with Arab-American Artist Khalil Bendib April 29, 2005
- KPFA Voices of the Middle East
|This profile of a cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|