Sindhi: خميسو خان
|Died||8 March 1983 (aged 59–60)|
|Occupation||Instrumental musician (alghoza player)|
|Children||Akbar Khamiso Khan|
|Awards||Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan (1979)|
Khamiso Khan was a contemporary of another notable alghoza player Misri Khan Jamali. Mostly, he played typical Sindhi folk and classical music on alghoza. He was associated with Radio Pakistan, Hyderabad, Sindh as a folk artist for 18 years. Khamiso Khan had performed at many events when touring Europe and America before his death. When Khamiso died of a heart attack, president Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq paid him a tribute in a presidential message that his death was a great loss for folk music in Pakistan.
Awards and recognition
- Shoaib Ahmed (12 December 2015). "Mystic Music Sufi Festival kicks off". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "خميسو خان : (Sindhianaسنڌيانا)". www.encyclopediasindhiana.org (in Sindhi). Retrieved 5 February 2020.
- "Quaidian Sindh Forum holds a family music gala". Daily Times (newspaper). 25 February 2018. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- Levinson, David; Christensen, Karen (2002). Khamiso Khan on Encyclopedia of Modern Asia (Volume 1, Page 82). Charles Scribner's Sons via GoogleBooks. ISBN 978-0-684-31242-2.
- Twenty Years of Pakistan, 1947-67. Pakistan Publications. 1967.
- Renowned Alghoza Player Khamiso Khan Passes Away In Karachi. Pakistan Affairs. Information Division, Embassy of Pakistan via GoogleBooks. 1983. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "Profile of Khamiso Khan". Pakistan Film Magazine (pakmag.net) website. Retrieved 10 June 2020.