The promotional logo of "Khana Khazana"
|Created by||Zee TV|
|Directed by||Girish Madhu , Nitesh Choudhary |
|Opening theme||"Khana Khazana"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||2000+|
|Running time||approx. 45 minutes|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i 16:9 (SDTV),|
|Original release||1993 – present|
Khana Khazana (Hindi: खाना ख़ज़ाना) is a cookery show hosted by Indian celebrity chef, Sanjeev Kapoor. The show is primarily based upon Indian cuisine and has gained substantial popularity with the South Asian population since 1993.
The first episode of the show was hosted by Harpal Singh Sokhi. The later episodes were hosted by Sanjeev Kapoor, whose reputation increased with the show's popularity. The show has completed more than 2000 episodes being telecast non stop for 23 years every week, making it the longest running show of its kind on Indian TV. Occasionally, Chef Kapoor brings in various celebrity guests and viewer recipes are also displayed. Over the years, Chef Kapoor has been more conscious and concerned about food-related diseases and has been cooking low-fat and healthy meals.
- "Chef Celebre". The Indian Express. 5 March 1999. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi". Food Food. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- Amrita Madhukalya (2014-06-29). "Dash of cheer". DNA.
- Famous faces of cookery shows on television
- The Top Chef for India’s Real Housewives by Miranda Kennedy, 29 March 2010.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|