Thai fried rice
Thai fried rice (Thai: ข้าวผัด, RTGS: khao phat, pronounced [kʰâːw pʰàt] or [kʰâw pʰàt]) is a variety of fried rice typical of central Thai cuisine. In Thai, khao means "rice" and phat means "of or relating to being stir-fried". This dish differs from Chinese fried rice in that it is prepared with Thai jasmine rice instead of regular long-grain rice. It normally contains meat (chicken, shrimp, and crab are all common), egg, onions, garlic and sometimes tomatoes. The seasonings, which may include soy sauce, sugar, salt, possibly some chili sauce, and the ubiquitous nam pla (fish sauce), are stir-fried together with the other ingredients. The dish is then plated and served with accompaniments like cucumber slices, tomato slices, lime and sprigs of green onion and coriander. This dish has many regional variants, as it is ubiquitous.
Other dishes include coconut fried rice (Thai: ข้าวผัดมะพร้าว, khao phat maphrao), pineapple fried rice (Thai: ข้าวผัดสับปะรด, khao phat sapparot) and basil fried rice (Thai: ข้าวผัดกะเพรา, khao phat kaphrao). Khao op sapparot is a fancier fried rice pineapple dish with raisins and nuts and almost always comes served inside a cutout pineapple.
- Khao phat mu, pork fried rice
- Khao phat kai, chicken fried rice
- Khao phat kung, shrimp fried rice
- Khao phat pu, crab fried rice
- Khao phat khai, egg fried rice
- Khao phat che, vegetarian fried rice
- Khao phat khiao wan, green curry fried rice
- Khao phat rot fai, train fried rice
- Khao phat tom yam (Thai: ข้าวผัดต้มยำ) is a type of fried rice that is adapted from tom yum soup and fried rice.
Khao khluk kapi
Khao khluk kapi is a type of Thai fried rice that cooked with shrimp paste. It usually eaten with sweet pork or chicken. This dish serves with many ingredients that makes this plate has a unique taste. The origin of this dish is fried rice with catfish. In Thai the word khluk means to mix together.
Khao khluk kapi is one of original Thai dishes and it is traditional Thai fried rice. However, it is different from other fried rice recipes because the rice is cooked with shrimp paste, which makes the taste of the rice slightly salty. This fried rice is not only has salty taste, but it is also sweet, sour, spicy, also it smells pungent. This dish is surrounded by shredded sour green mango, sliced chilies, cucumbers, shredded omelet, fried dried shrimps and sliced shallots. The side dish to eat with this dish is sweet pork or chicken. Each ingredient that is put into the dish has a unique taste and each contrasts with the flavour of shrimp paste. This dish is suitable to eat it for lunch.
- "Khao Phat Kaphrao (Stir-Fried Rice Thai Chicken with Basil) ข้าวผัดกะเพรา". Clay's Kitchen. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- Fried Rice Secrets and Night Market
- "Khao Phat Kai (Chicken Fried Rice) ข้าวผัดไก่". Clay's Kitchen. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- "Khao Phat Pu (Crab Fried Shrimp) ข้าวผัดปู". Clay's Kitchen. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- Thai food recipes: Fried Rice with Egg (KHAO PHAT KHAI ข้าวผัดไข่)
- "รายการ Cook's Cult ตอนที่ 11 ข้าวผัดรถไฟ จากอาหารเหลือ สู่เมนูยอดนิยม". เอ็น.พี.ริตี้ NP Rity Company Limited (in Thai). 2014-10-12. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- Netsuwan, Natty. "Shrimp Paste Rice - Kow Klook Gapi ข้าวคลุกกะปิ". thaitable. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Shrimp Paste Rice". realthairecipes. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Khao Kluk Kapi - Fried Rice with Shrimp Paste". thaicookingschool. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "THAI SHRIMP PASTE FRIED RICE ( KAW-KLOOK-KA-PI)". garlic society. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fried rice in Thailand.|