|Founded||May 17, 2006|
|Headquarters||Suginami, Tokyo, Japan|
|Hideaki Anno (founder/president)|
|Divisions||Studio Khara Digital-bu|
Khara, Inc. (株式会社カラー, Kabushiki-gaisha Karā, stylized as khara, Inc.) is a Japanese animation studio best known for its work on the Rebuild of Evangelion film tetralogy. Studio khara (スタジオカラー, Sutajio Karā) is the primary animation production studio. It was founded by Hideaki Anno in May 2006, and was shown publicly on 1 August when recruitment notices were posted on his website; Anno remains its president. The name khara comes from the Greek word χαρά, meaning joy.
Anno left Gainax and transitioned to Khara; as part of his public statements on the Rebuild films, he wrote:
"For this purpose, we are not returning to our roots at Gainax. I have set up a production company and studio, and it is in this new setting that we will start again. Without looking back, without admiration for the circumstances, we aim to walk towards the future. Thankfully, we have gathered staff from the old series, new staff, and many other fantastic staff to work on this series. We realize that we are creating something that will be better than the last series." 
Key contributors brought back to work on the new project include assistant director Kazuya Tsurumaki, character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, storyboard artist Shinji Higuchi and composer Shirō Sagisu.
- The Dragon Dentist (2017)
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (2007)
- Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance (2009)
- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (2020)
- "khara, Inc. - Company Information".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-18. Retrieved 2010-07-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Hideaki Anno Releases Statement About New Evangelion Movies - Anime News Network
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khara.|