|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011[update] India census, Kharkhauda had a population of 14,364. Men constitute 53% of the population and women 47%. Kharkhauda has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 66%, and female literacy is 48%. In Kharkhoda, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This town (correctly spelled as Kharkhauda) lies on the western side of the road going from Meerut to Hapur, about 18 km south of the former. It gives its name to a railway station on the Meerut-Khurja line of the Northern Railway. A regular bus service is available here for Meerut, Hapur and Mohiudeenpur. Kharkhauda is an ancient place where the stables of the rajas of Hastinapur are said to have been located and which is said to derive its name from Kharak meaning a stall. The town began to flourish in the time of Humayun.
Kharkhauda (formerly legislative seat) now comes under the KITHORE Legislative seat. The current MLA from this seat is Hon. Mr.Satyaveer Tyagi(BJP). Some older MLAs that represented Kharkhauda in the past are:
- Mr. Lakhiram Nagar Gurjar MLA
- Mr. Haji Mohammad Yaqoob Qureshi,
- Mr. Jaipal Singh,
- Mr. Pradhan Prabhu Dayal,
- Mr. Rajendra Sharma,
- Mr. Damodar Sharma
Kharkhauda Nagar Panchayat:
- Current E.O: Mr. Nishad Madhurmaya
- Current Chairman: Mrs. Archana Prajapati w/o Mr. Ravindra Prajapati
Details of mohallas
- Mata Mansa Devi
- Harijan Basti
Lot of villages are situated around Kharkhoda and they are dependent on it for their education and purchasing.
Kharkhauda is having very good economy.
As all of us knows that weatern UP has the most fertile land in India and kharkhauda is well known for its modern vegetable farmings. The main crops here are Potatoes, Sugarcane, Wheat, Maze, assorted Lentils and Vegetables.. The source of irrigation for farmers is electric tubewell.And it have a good market place,and plays a vital role for other villages.
The main education center in Kharkhauda and nearby areas is Janta Inter College.
The School is semi government and provide education from 6th standard to 12th Standard in arts, science, vocational commerce and agriculture. The School also caters for the students from nearby places like Chandpura, Bijauli, Kaili, Lalpur, Khandawli, Fafunda, Kaul, Khaspur, Kabbatta, Bamanpura, Atrada. Mr. Dinesh Kumar Sharma is currently the principal of the school.
In the past Mr. Dev Dutt Tyagi had been a very good administrator and principal of this school. He had run the school with strict discipline and developed the infrastructure that is still bearing fruits. Sports were also given high importance and the school had organized state level Hockey Matches at that time.
There are two more schools:
- Janta inter college
- Kalyan Dev Girl's Inter College and
- Shree Nehru Vidhya Peeth.
- Govt.ITI College.
- Rajkiya Mahila Mahavidhayalaya.
- Shemford Futuristic School.(Unit of
- Surya public School.
There is one professional education institute in Kharkhauda.
- D.A.V. College
The courses available are : B.Ed, B.C.A., B.B.A and B.A.
There are regular UPSRTC and Private operators' buses plying from Meerut and Hapur. But at late nights, only UPSRTC buses are available. It can also be reached by Train. The Meerut City to Khurja Junction route trains stop at Kharkhauda station and lot of people use it early morning while going for work to Meerut/Hapur/Delhi etc.
There are also some local transport arrangements for near by villages and towns.
- Kharkhauda to Mohiudeenpur -> regular Tempo/auto srvice
- Kharkhauda to Kaul -> regular horse cart / tempo/auto service
- Kharkhauda to Uldhan -> regular horse cart / tempo/auto service
- Kharkhauda to Khaspur/Bamanpura -> regular horse cart / tempo/auto service
- Kharkhauda to Talhatta -> regular horse cart / tempo/auto service
The town has branches of four banks:
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Co-operative Bank
Syndicate bank is the oldest bank of the town.
- Banke Bihari ji ki Jahnki and Raas Mela
- Dushera Mela (Mata ka Mela in the month of Jyesth)
- Navratri Mela on Durga-ashtmi at Mansha Devi Temple
- Shree Krishna Janmasthmi utsav at all the temples in the town.
- Baba Budhhu Das Ji Prasad Vitran on Sundays
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2011-03-01.