Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics
Ukrainian: Харківський національний університет радіоелектроніки
|Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute (1930-1966)|
Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (1966-1993)
Kharkiv Technical University of Radioelectronics (1993-2001)
пр-т Науки, 14 (14 Nauky Avenue),
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (NURE) (Ukrainian: Харківський національний університет радіоелектроніки) is a higher education institution of the highest level of accreditation in Ukraine. It is one of the oldest technology universities in Ukraine, with over 7000 students and 30 scientific centers.
NURE hosts the International Academy of Applied Radio & Electronics. NURE pioneered the development of distance education in Ukraine. It has a high expertise in introduction of innovative technologies into education and business.
History of NURE
The history of NURE begins in 1930 when Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute (KEBI) was founded on the basis of building faculty of Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute and architectural faculty of Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934 Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and Scientific Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography entered the structure of the institute. In 10 years KEBI became the largest higher education institution of Ukraine numbering 1734 students, 200 teachers and 4 faculties: Architectural, Building, Sanitary and Geodetic.
In 1966 KIMBAC was given a name of Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (KIRE) Soon after the declaration of independence of Ukraine KIRE got the status of University and became Kharkiv Technical University of Radio Electronics (KTURE) in 1993.
In 2001 the status of the University was advanced to the National University.
NURE consists of 7 faculties and 34 departments:
- Faculty of Computer Sciences (CS)
- Faculty of Computer Engineering and Control (CEC)
- Faculty of Information and Analytical Technologies and Management (ITM)
- Faculty of Information Radio Technologies and Technical Information Security (IRTIS)
- Іnfocommunications (IC)
- Faculty of Automation and Computer Technologies (ACT)
- Faculty of Electronic and Biomedical Engineering (ELBE)
The material and technical base of the university includes 10 educational buildings and 8 student dormitories. In the educational buildings there are lecture halls, laboratories, computer classes, information and computer center. The structure of NURE consists of the following divisions:
- Educational department - organization, planning, control, analysis and subsequent improvement of the training process at the university.
- Scientific and training centre for extra-mural education (STCEME) is a structural subdivision of NURE which carries out the organization and supervision of education, training and methodical work for students part-time form training in all specialties; support and development of the scientific activity of students for extramural education in the University.
- Department of international relations is a structural subdivision of the University, aimed at coordination and development of the university’s cooperation with foreign and international partners. Department of studying in a foreign language.
The Department trains Bachelors and Masters in the following specialties:
- Specialty 172 – Telecommunications and Radio Engineering;
- Specialty 125 – Cybersecurity
Contract training department. The activity of the department is directed:
- for the preparation and conclusion of contracts for the provision of educational services for the training of bachelor, master, Ph.D. students with higher education, who study at the expense of legal or natural persons;
- accounting and maintenance of these contracts;
- formation and maintenance of a database of applicants for higher education, trained under the contract;
- control over the observance of the terms of payment for tuition by the applicants of higher education;
- coordination of the work of the STCEME, the department of aspiraturnur and doctoral sciences, chairs on the issues outlined;
- providing consultations and necessary practical assistance to applicants and applicants for higher education in concluding agreements on the provision of educational services and additional agreements to them.
Awards and reputation
The University ranks first among technical universities of Ukraine by the results of the rankings made by the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine (according to “Education of Ukraine” №26 (1295) of 25 June 2012 and the website http://euroosvita.net ).
13th place among the Ukraine institutions according to Scimago IR in 2018.
In QS Еmerging Europe and central Asia University Rankings 2020 NURE was ranked 241-250.
In Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 NURE ranked in the group 801-1000.
In January 2020 the University ranked 9th in the Ranking Web of Universities.
In the Top-200 NURE ranked 9 among higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
In uniRank 2020 University Ranking NURE placed 38th of 171 recognized Ukrainian higher-education institutions.
In Nature Index in 2018 NURE ranked 8th among 13 Ukrainian universities.
A number of research laboratories operate on the basis of KNURE. Scientific research is conducted in both fundamental and scientific-applied areas. There are 30 scientific schools:
- telecommunication systems;
- medical instrument making and medical microprocessor systems;
- design and diagnostics of computer systems and networks;
- design and technical diagnostics of digital systems on crystals, computers and networks;
- meteor radar;
- methodologies, methods and information technologies for the development of integrated and Web-based information systems;
- systems analysis, decision making and mathematical modeling in socio-economic systems;
- intellectual information processing;
- radio wave and infrared diagnostics of materials, environments and objects;
- applied electrodynamics;
- bionics of intelligence;
- noosphere methodology and technology for solving knowledge management and competitive intelligence problems;
- remote methods of sounding the atmosphere by acoustic and electromagnetic waves;
- methods of normalization, recognition, analysis and image processing in computer vision systems;
- thermal methods of non-destructive quality control of materials and products: defectoscopy, defectometry and tomography;
- hybrid computing intelligence systems for data analysis, information processing and control.
In KNURE there are specialized scientific councils for the defense of dissertations (6 - doctoral and 1 - candidate). Ukrainian and foreign applicants (about 250) study at the graduate school of the University.
- Scientific journal ″Bionics of intelligence″
- Scientific journal ″Radioelectronics & informatics″
- Scientific and technical journal ″Applied radio electronics″
- All-Ukrainian scientific interdepartmental magazine ″Management Information System and Devices″
- Scientific journal ″Metrology and instruments″
- Scientific journal ″Innovative Technologies And Scientific Solutions For Industries″
- All-ukrainian interdepartmental scientific and technical journal ″Radiotehnika″
- Scientific information journal ″New collegium″
- Electronic scientific specialized journal ″Problems of telecommunications″
- Vikutan Abram Danilovich (1931—1933)
- Krol Semyon Lvovich (1933—1937)
- Blinov Vladimir Vasilyevich (1937—1941)
- Lukin Hryhoriy Hryhorovych (1944—1952)
- Korzhik Mikhail Vasilyevich (1952—1956)
- Emelyanov Dmitry Sidorovich (1956—1963)
- Tereshchenko Alexey Ivanovich (1963—1965)
- Rvachov Vladimir Logvinovich (1965—1966)
- Novikov Vsevolod Georgievich (1966—1983)
- Sviridov Valentin Viktorovich (1984—1994)
- Bondarenko Mikhail Fedorovich (1994—2013)
- t.v.o. Rubin Eduard Yukhimovich (from 11.25.2015 — 12.20.2016)
- Semenets Valerii Vasyliovych
- Eisenberg Igor Naumovich
- Glasmacher Birgit
- Hirschfeld Anatoliy Musiyovych
- Dudkin Sergey Anatolyevich
- Zubko Victor Ivanovich
- Kashuba Svetlana
- Carlsson Anders
- Maslov Petro Mykolayovych
- Makhonin Boris Vladimirovich
- Saligin Valery Ivanovich
- Severinsky Alexander Yakovlevich
- Sergienko Ivan Vasyliovych (academician)
- Sobchak-Mikhailovska Mazhena
- Avrunin Oleg Grigorovich
- Bykh Anatoly Ivanovich
- Bodyansky Eugene Vladimirovich
- Bondarenko Mikhail Fedorovich
- Erokhin Andrey Leonidovich
- Ivanchenko Evtikhiy Yakovlevich
- Kashcheev Boris Leonidovich
- Lemeshko Alexander Vitalievich
- Litvinova Eugenia Ivanovna
- Stepmother Yuri Pavlovich
- Nerukh Alexander Georgievich
- Ogorodneychuk Ivan Pylypovych
- Palagin Victor Andreevich
- Petrov Eduard Georgievich
- Popovsky Vladimir Vladimirovich
- Putyatin Eugene Petrovich
- Ruban Igor Viktorovich
- Semenets Valery Vasilyevich
- Tevyashev Andrey Dmitrovich
- Filatov Valentin Alexandrovich
- Khakhanov Vladimir Ivanovich
- Shabanov-Kushnarenko Yuri Petrovich
- Shifrin Yakiv Solomonovych
- Vereshchak Oleksandr Petrovych — specialist in the field of radio engineering, doctor of technical sciences, professor, laureate of the state prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology, honored machine builder of Ukraine.
- Dulub Valentyn Hryhorovych — First Deputy Head of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration.
- Oleksandr Oleksiyovych Dyomin is the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the People's Republic of China.
- Savin Yevhen Yevhenovych — Deputy Head of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration.
- Severinsky Alexander Yakovlevich — President of Fuelcor LLC (Miami, USA), Honorary Chairman of Paice (Baltimore, USA), owner-manager of Ferme STE-Valentine (Showville, Canada), co-founder of AtomNet, visiting professor University of Maryland, College Park (USA).
- Saligin Valery Ivanovich — Director of the International Institute of Energy Policy and Diplomacy of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Vice-President of the International Academy of Fuel and Energy.
- Hirshfeld Anatoliy Musiyovych — Founder and General Director of JSC "Ukrainian Industrial Energy Company".
- Zubko Viktor Ivanovych — Deputy General Director of the Research Institute of Instrumentation. VV Tikhomirov.
- Maslov Petro Mykolayovych — founder and president of Severgazmontazh LLC. Graduate of the Faculty of Radio Engineering (1987).
- Makhonin Borys Volodymyrovych — General Director of CJSC "SMU-10-Spetsmontazhavtomatika", cooperates with leading domestic and world construction and installation companies.
- Anikeev Yuriy Volodymyrovych — Ukrainian athlete, world champion in checkers.
- Oleksiy Durnev is a Ukrainian TV presenter.
- Skvortsova Olga Borysivna — Ukrainian singer, candidate of technical sciences, associate professor.
Minakov Stanislav Alexandrovich — Russian-speaking Ukrainian poet, novelist, essayist, translator, publicist.
- Tsapenko (Digo) Andriy is a Ukrainian music techno producer known as Digo.
- Kosheleva Alyona Volodymyrivna — People's Deputy of Ukraine of the 8th convocation from Oleh Lyashko's Radical Party.
- Kotlyar Yevhen Mykolayovych is a Euromaidan activist, a hero of the Heavenly Hundred.
Avramenko Valery Pavlovich — electromechanic, doctor of technical sciences (1988), professor (1991).
- Sedyshev Yuriy Mykolayovych — Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Academician of the Academy of Applied Radio Electronics.
Strong cooperation within Erasmus+, TEMPUS, Horizon 2020, INTAS, INCO-Copernicus, EU Joint- and Double-Degree Master programs, etc. allowed NURE to become one of the first HEIs in Ukraine which introduced the Bologna principles and ECTS to its practices. University aims to integration of in the international, particularly European scientific and educational space, to the creation of the operational development of the information and communications field as a modern mechanism of international activities. NURE widely develop international contacts through cooperation with universities in other countries and foreign companies. A large number of faculty, staff, graduate students go abroad to participate in academic conferences, research and internships, as well as accept foreign specialists at university. Almost all of the departments have memorandums and agreements on cooperation with foreign companies.
- Hochschule Düsseldorf, University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of Jyväskylä (JyU), Finland
- Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Artificial Intelligence Department
- Department of Information Control System
- Department of System Engineering
- Кафедра програмної інженерії
- Media Systems and Technologies
- Portal of Department of Electronic Computers
- Кафедра КІТС
- Кафедра автоматизації проектування обчислювальної техніки
- Information Technologies Security
- Philosophy department
- The Ukrainian science department
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Economic Сybernetics and Management of Economic Security
- Department of Higher Mathematics
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Department of Computer Radio Engineering and Technical Information Security Systems
- Department of Radiotechnologies Information and Communication Systems
- Department of Media Engineering and Information Radio Electronic Systems
- The Department of Microprocessor Technologies and Systems
- Department of Foreign Languagues
- V.V. Popovskyy Department of Infocommunication Engineering
- Information and Network Engineering department
- Metrology and Technical Expertise
- Language Training Department
- Official web-site of the department of DOED NURE
- Department of computer-integrated technologies, automation and mechatronics
- Official web-site of the department of Physics NURE
- Department of Occupational Safety
- Кафедра мікроелектроніки, електронних приладів та пристроїв
- Physical Foundations of Electronic Engineering Department
- Biomedical Engineering Department
- Department of Physical Education and Sports
- Scimago IR - Ukraine
- EECA University Rankings 2020
- Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Webometrics Ranking
- UniRank 2020
- Nature Index
- "Trainings in Automation Technologies for Ukraine TATU". tatu.org.ua. TATU. 2014. Retrieved 2020-12-18.
- Official site (in English)
- Library (in Russian)
- Timetable (in Russian)
- Distance Learning (in English)