Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics
|Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute (1930-1966)|
Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (1966-1993)
Kharkiv Technical University of Radioelectronics (1993-2001)
пр-т Науки, 14 (14 Nauky Avenue),
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (NURE) is a higher education institution of the highest level of accreditation in Ukraine. It is one of the oldest technology universities in Ukraine, with over 7000 students and 30 scientific centers.
NURE hosts the International Academy of Applied Radio & Electronics. NURE pioneered the development of distance education in Ukraine. It has a high expertise in introduction of innovative technologies into education and business.
History of NURE
The history of NURE begins in 1930 when Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute (KEBI) was founded on the basis of building faculty of Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute and architectural faculty of Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934 Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and Scientific Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography entered the structure of the institute. In 10 years KEBI became the largest higher education institution of Ukraine numbering 1734 students, 200 teachers and 4 faculties: Architectural, Building, Sanitary and Geodetic.
In 1966 KIMBAC was given a name of Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (KIRE) Soon after the declaration of independence of Ukraine KIRE got the status of University and became Kharkiv Technical University of Radio Electronics (KTURE) in 1993.
In 2001 the status of the University was advanced to the National University.
NURE consists of 7 faculties and 34 departments:
- Faculty of Computer Sciences (CS)
- Faculty of Computer Engineering and Control (CEC)
- Faculty of Information and Analytical Technologies and Management (ITM)
- Faculty of Information Radio Technologies and Technical Information Security (IRTIS)
- Іnfocommunications (IC)
- Faculty of Automation and Computer Technologies (ACT)
- Faculty of Electronic and Biomedical Engineering (ELBE)
Awards and reputation
The University ranks first among technical universities of Ukraine by the results of the rankings made by the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine (according to “Education of Ukraine” №26 (1295) of 25 June 2012 and the website http://euroosvita.net ).
13th place among the Ukraine institutions according to Scimago IR in 2018. 
In QS Еmerging Europe and central Asia University Rankings 2020 NURE was ranked 241-250.
In Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 NURE ranked in the group 801-1000. 
In January 2020 the University ranked 9th in the Ranking Web of Universities. 
In the Top-200 NURE ranked 9 among higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
In uniRank 2020 University Ranking NURE placed 38th of 171 recognized Ukrainian higher-education institutions. 
In Nature Index in 2018 NURE ranked 8th among 13 Ukrainian universities. 
Strong cooperation within Erasmus+, TEMPUS, Horizon 2020, INTAS, INCO-Copernicus, EU Joint- and Double-Degree Master programs, etc. allowed NURE to become one of the first HEIs in Ukraine which introduced the Bologna principles and ECTS to its practices. University aims to integration of in the international, particularly European scientific and educational space, to the creation of the operational development of the information and communications field as a modern mechanism of international activities. NURE widely develop international contacts through cooperation with universities in other countries and foreign companies. A large number of faculty, staff, graduate students go abroad to participate in academic conferences, research and internships, as well as accept foreign specialists at university. Almost all of the departments have memorandums and agreements on cooperation with foreign companies.
- Hochschule Düsseldorf, University of Applied Sciences, Germany 
- University of Jyväskylä (JyU), Finland
- Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Artificial Intelligence Department
- Department of Information Control System
- Department of System Engineering
- Кафедра програмної інженерії
- Media Systems and Technologies
- Portal of Department of Electronic Computers
- Кафедра КІТС
- Кафедра автоматизації проектування обчислювальної техніки
- Information Technologies Security
- Philosophy department
- The Ukrainian science department
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Economic Сybernetics and Management of Economic Security
- Department of Higher Mathematics
- Кафедра соціальної інформатики
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Department of Computer Radio Engineering and Technical Information Security Systems
- Department of Radiotechnologies Information and Communication Systems
- Department of Media Engineering and Information Radio Electronic Systems
- The Department of Microprocessor Technologies and Systems
- Department of Foreign Languagues
- V.V. Popovskyy Department of Infocommunication Engineering
- Information and Network Engineering department
- Metrology and Technical Expertise
- Language Training Department
- Official web-site of the department of DOED NURE
- Department of computer-integrated technologies, automation and mechatronics
- Official web-site of the department of Physics NURE
- Department of Occupational Safety
- Кафедра мікроелектроніки, електронних приладів та пристроїв
- Physical Foundations of Electronic Engineering Department
- Biomedical Engineering Department
- Department of Physical Education and Sports
- Scimago IR - Ukraine
- EECA University Rankings 2020
- Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Webometrics Ranking
- UniRank 2020
- Nature Index
- "Trainings in Automation Technologies for Ukraine TATU". tatu.org.ua. TATU. 2014. Retrieved 2020-12-18.
- Official site (in English)
- Library (in Russian)
- Timetable (in Russian)
- Distance Learning (in English)