|Native name||خشایار مصطفوی|
Tarbiat Modares University|
University of Tehran
|Occupation||Writer and Filmmaker|
To Hell (Book)
Khashayar Mostafavi (Persian: خشایار مصطفوی; born in Iran in 1982) is an Iranian writer and filmmaker.
Khashayar Mostafavi finished his undergraduate studies in performance arts in University of Tehran and received his Masters in Directing from Tarbiat Modares University of Tehran. In addition to directing several plays in Tehran, He has directed two feature-length political documentaries Our Cherry Orchard and Fight Me, and several other short films. They were broadcast on international media such as BBC and VOA. Mostafavi has also written four books Birth of Iranian Drama, To Hell (a collection of short stories) and Sex, Anarchism and Cruelty In Panic Theater of Mr Arrabaland The Days Slowly (Three screenplays). After the publication of his book Birth of Iranian Drama, Mostafavi was accused of insulting Islamic sanctities and had to emigrate from Iran to Germany under the pressure of Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security. Mostafavi's latest feature film, Being There (Dasein), which discuss the problems of immigrants, is in German. Being There screened for the first time at the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival in China. He has lived in Germany since 2013, and works for broadcaster NDR Fernsehen in Schwerin.
- The Days Slowly (Three screenplays), Postskript Publication, Germany, 2016. ISBN 978-153-088-576-3
- Sex, Anarchism and Cruelty in Panic Theater of Mr. Arrabal, Postskript Publication, Germany, 2015. ISBN 978-600-122-028-9
- To Hell, Gardon Publication, Berlin, Germany, 2013 . ISBN 978-3-86433-106-0
- The Birth of Iranian Drama (Mirza Agha Tabrizi's approach in compositing, Iranian Traditional drama and western theatre in Qajar era), Afraz Publication, Tehran, Iran, 2012.ISBN 978-964-243-731-3
|2004||We are done (Short fiction film) – 7min|
|2008||Anti love (Short fiction film) – 10min |
|2009||Grasses of the Meadow (Short fiction film) – 17min|
|2012||Thirty years of loneliness (Short Documentary) – 12min|
|2012||Our Cherry Orchard (Documentary) – 54min |
|2015||Fight Me (Documentary) – 97min |
|2017||Bye Bye, dear Hamburg (Short Documentary) – 15min|
|2017||Dasein (Fiction) – 92min |
- Kahshayar Mostafavi, To Hell, 241 p, Gardon Publication, Berlin, Germany 2013. Archived 2015-11-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- "GERMAN FILMS & CO-PRODUCTIONS AT SHANGHAI 2017". German Films. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Anti Love in The Voice of America (VOA) international multimedia broadcaster
- Our Cherry Orchard in The Voice of America (VOA) international multimedia broadcaster
- Watch Documentary, Fight Me