This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Khatauli Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Bilqees Begam (SP)|
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Vikram Singh Saini (BJP )|
|• Total||438 km2 (169 sq mi)|
|Elevation||265 m (869 ft)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi urdu Punjabi haryanvi and Khari Boli|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 1396|
Khatauli is a city and nagar palika in Muzaffarnagar district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. A part of National Capital Region, the town is situated 100 km away from the national capital New Delhi.
Khatauli lies on the National Highway 58 which is an important route for trade and commerce and also a main route for the many Hindu pilgrim places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Kedarnath, Badrinath and many hill stations like Dehradun, Mussoorie, and Chopta. Khatauli was declared as Tehsil in 2007. The town lies on Delhi - Saharanpur (via Meerut) railway route.
Khatauli came into news because of an unfortunate train accident on 19th Aug 2017 because of human negligence. As many as 14 coaches of Puri Haridwar Kalinga Utkal Express went off track.
Khatauli's Triveni Sugar Mill is the largest in Asia in terms of scale of production and storage capacity. The mill has been operational since 1933. Khatauli is a large, rural town and offers some tourist attractions. Khatauli's position on the banks of the upper Ganga canal serves as the area's main tourist attraction. Khatauli is also known for its combination of cultural influences from the Hindu, Muslim, Jain, Christian and Sikh religions. There are nine Jain temples in the town.
As per the 2011 census, Khatauli municipality had a population of 4,33,910 and the urban agglomeration had a population of 1,04,108. The municipality had a sex ratio of 898 females per 1,000 males and 15% of the population were under six years old. Effective literacy was 73%; male literacy was 83% and female literacy was 63%.
Khatauli is governed by Municipal Council. The city's population is 4,33,910; the urban population is 1,04,108, of which 54,756 are males and 49,352 are females. The majority of the population speaks Hindi.
1) Balaji Institute Of Hotel Management & Science (I.T.I)
2) Pt. Chhotan Lal I.T.I.
3) Prahlad Singh Memorial Group of Institutions consists of a Degree College, B.Ed College, ITI. Law and Paramedical colleges are under construction.
4) KK Jain Degree College
5) Vidhyotma College
6) Janta Inter College
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above, Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (pdf). Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Kalinga Utkal Express train accident LIVE: 23 dead, 97 reportedly injured; restoration in full swing". The Financial Express. 19 August 2017. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Triveni Sugar generation facilities".