|Motto||“Always leading the way”|
|Chairman||Professor Hamlet Isakhanli|
|President||Dr. Hassan Niknafs|
Khazar University owns three campuses in the city of Baku.
- Neftchilar Campus – located near the Neftchilar metro station. Address: 41 Mahsati St, AZ 1096
- Downtown Campus – located in downtown Baku near the Nizami metro station. Address: 122 Bashir Seferoghlu St., AZ 1009
- Binagadi Campus – New education complex for “Dunya” School, also Khazar University School of Education`s Internship Center, Sports Center, Dormitory and Technopark
Founded in 1991 by Prof. Hamlet Isakhanli (), the University became one of the first private universities in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia and the first in Azerbaijan to introduce Western-style, research-oriented higher education. Isakhanli formed Khazar in the interest of reforming the previous, sometimes corrupt system of higher education under Soviet rule. For more information on education system in Azerbaijan, read:
2. Hamlet Isakhanli. Education System in Transition Economy: A View from Azerbaijan. Khazar University Press, Baku, 2007.
In Azerbaijan, Khazar University is recognized for providing innovative Western-style education on all levels: undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral. It also runs a lab school (Dunya School) with programs on kindergarten, elementary and secondary school levels.
Khazar University has a faculty of about 250 lecturers, many of whom were educated and/or trained in Europe or the United States. Khazar University is the pioneer in Azerbaijan of a flexible student-centered credit accumulation system. Khazar’s curricula aim to meet the standards of top universities in advanced industrialized democracies. The primary language of instruction at Khazar is English. These factors aim to increase the academic and professional opportunities for the students and train them to work in a globalizing international environment.
|There are four schools (colleges) operating within Khazar University:|
|1||School of Engineering and Applied Science|
|2||School of Economics and Management|
|3||School of Humanities and Social Science|
|4||School of Education|
- Adnan Hajizadeh, blogger and youth activist
- Nargiz Birk-Petersen, television commentator
- Nigar Jamal, winner of Eurovision 2011
- Emily Van Buskirk, "Current Trends in Education in Azerbaijan - A discussion with Professor Hamlet Isakhanli", Caspian Studies Program, Harvard University, April 25, 2001, Accessed on April 14, 2006
- Isakhanli, Hamlet. In Search of Khazar. Baku, KU Press, 2006. See In Search of Khazar (The story of Khazar University's origins)
- Isakhanli, Hamlet. Education System in Transition Economy: A View from Azerbaijan. Baku, KU Press, 2007. http://dspace.khazar.org/jspui/bitstream/123456789/1001/1/on%20education%20system_Isaxanli.pdf/ On Education System in Transition Economy
- Tüm Uyeler. kunib.com
- Khazar University website
- Prof. Hamlet Isakhanli's (founder's) website
- Dunya IB School
- Khazar Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Khazar University Facebook Page