Khazar University Library Information Center
The Khazar University Library and Information Center (KULIC) is the library of Khazar University in Baku. It maintains three branches open to the public: The main library on the Nefchilar Campus; the MBA branch on the downtown Baku campus; and the Alatava campus library (at the Dunya School, a K-12 IB World School which is affiliated with the university).
Approximately 75 percent of the library materials are in English. The library also collects printed and electronic materials in Azerbaijani, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and other modern European and Oriental languages in the fields of Business Studies, Economics and Management, Engineering and Applied Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Political Science and International Relations, Legal Studies, Language Studies, Arts, Architecture, Philosophy, Literature, History, and Medical Sciences. Materials include textbooks published all over the world and publications of Khazar University Press, which are widely presented in the library. Khazar University LIC has an extensive reference collection, including monolingual and bilingual encyclopedias. LIC collections have grown through purchases, donations and various grants.
The university's Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is its Bibliographic database which users may use to search for materials such as books, periodicals, video recordings, and CD-ROMs in English, Azeri, Russian and other languages. The university provides online access to e-books, electronic journals, and academic databases. Access to EBSCO as well as ProQuest, BioOne, Cambridge University Press, and Oxford Reference Online have become available due to active participation of Khazar University in Azerbaijan Library Consortium.
LIC participates in various projects, including:
- Khazar University Center for Education and Information Studies (CEIS), initially established in partnership with the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies with United States Information Agency funding.
- Project Gutenberg, assisting in digitizing public domain Azerbaijani literature in Latin script in partnership with Akhundov National Library and Institute of Literature under National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan.
- CALIMERA (Culture Applications Local Institutions Mediating Electronic Access)
- UNESCO Translation Project, aimed to complete a bibliography of the translations in various editions (books, journal articles, conference papers, etc.) from Azeri into other languages and from other languages into Azeri.
Khazar University Institutional Repository
The Khazar University Institutional Repository (KUIR), a suite of services offered by the Library Information Center, is an institutional repository (at http://dspace.khazar.org) maintained to support the university's researchers, collaborators, and students. Repository content consists of collections of research materials in digital format produced and selected by Khazar University faculty and their collaborators. The Khazar University Library Information Center manages, preserves and distributes these collections through DSpace software. Materials include pre- and post-prints copies of scholarly articles, theses and dissertations, as well as materials included in those articles, such as images, videos, and datasets.
The July 2010 World Repository Ranking listed KUIR as the only repository in the Caucasus or Central Asia in the top 800 worldwide repositories. KUIR does well even in comparison with reposition in more developed countries.
- Support for providing information on related resources, which publishers may require, including Cataloguing in Publication (CIP);
- Build national bibliographic database of all (registered) Books in Print;
- Manage ISBN and ISMN publication databases;
- Accounting the titles of assigned publishers prefix and title numbers.
LIC prepares the Azerbaijan Publisher Database in Import/Export format for annual editions of the Publishers' International ISBN Directory.
The work is carried out for the creation of the bibliographic descriptions of issues published in Azerbaijan according to international rules (index DDC, subject headings).
- Zaytseva, Tatyana; l. Hajibayeva (10–13 June 2009). "Poster"The establishment of an ETD in Azerbaijan @ Khazar University " for the ETD 2009 12th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations". Pittsburgh.
- Zaytseva, Tatyana (2010). "Open Access Initiatives in Azerbaijan @ Khazar University". Azerbaijani Studies. 13 (2): 15–24.