|Directed by||Rituparno Ghosh|
|Produced by||Rituparno Ghosh|
|Written by||Rituparno Ghosh|
Akashneel Dutta Mukhopadhyay
|Music by||Raja Narayan Deb, Sanjoy Das|
|Edited by||Arghakamal Mitra|
|11 July 2008|
Khela (Bengali: খেলা "Game") (2008) is a Bengali film by Rituparno Ghosh. The film is about an idealistic director's (Prosenjit Chatterjee) quench to make a film with a boy who he thinks is just perfect for the role. Khela also marks actress Manisha Koirala's foray into Bengali cinema.
||This article is incomplete. (February 2015)|
Khela is about an idealistic director's (Prosenjit Chatterjee) desire to make a film with a boy who he thinks is just perfect for the role. His wife (Manisha Koirala) wants a baby and the husband feels that the child will compromise the artiste in him. Here the aspiring but passionate film maker creates a bond with a superb rut of a child and who does feel that a child may spoil his career, started re-discovering a child within him. The film also deals with relationships and emotions but with a twist by adding up humor, adventure and edge-of-the-seat mystery.
- Prosenjit Chatterjee as ... Raja
- Manisha Koirala as ... Sheela
- Raima Sen as ... Anjali
- Akashneel Dutt Mukherjee as ... Abhirup
- Bharat Kaul
The film received mixed reviews. The Telegraph(Calcutta) stated that it was "Rituparno’s conscious attempt to break away from the ‘adult’ tag of Antarmahal and Dosar, and re-connect with the Bangali family." While noted film critic Rajeev Masand said that the film is "Khela is not a bad film, but one that requires much patience on your part", he also appreciated the "fine performances from principals"
- "Manisha Koirala in Rituparno Ghosh's KHELA - bollywood news". glamsham.com. 2008-06-18. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Manisha Koirala in Khela (2008-07-30). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | Tolly tally". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Khela, an intimate tale but lost in translation - Movies News News - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2012-07-09.