Khirbat Bayt Lid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Khirbat Bayt Lid|
|Arabic||خربة بيت لد|
|Also spelled||Khirbet Beit Lid|
|Area||5,336 (2,969 Arab, 2,220 Jewish) dunams|
|Date of depopulation||5 April 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Fear of being caught up in the fighting|
In 1945, the lands of Khirbat Bayt Lid totaled 5,336 dunams, of which 2,969 were owned by Arabs and 2,220 by Jews.
- Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #189. Also gives cause of depopulation
- Morris, 2004, p. xxi, settlement #23.
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 550.
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922 (PDF). Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 135)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Welcome To Bayt Lid, Khirbat
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 10: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Bayt Lid, Khirbat, from Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|