Khloé Kardashian in 2009
|Born||Khloé Alexandra Kardashian
June 27, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.|
|Other names||Khloé Kardashian Odom|
|Education||Marymount High School
(later attended a home-based school)
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami
Khloé & Lamar
The X Factor
Kocktails with Khloé
Revenge Body with Khloé Kardashian
|Spouse(s)||Lamar Odom (m. 2009–16)|
Khloé Alexandra Kardashian (born June 27, 1984) is an American television personality, socialite, model, businesswoman, and entrepreneur. Since 2007, she has starred with her family in the reality television series, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. It's success has led to the creation of spin-offs, including, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami (2009-2013) and Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons (2014-2015).
From September 2009 to October 2016, she was married to basketball player Lamar Odom, whom she married one month after they first met. They starred in their own reality television series, Khloé & Lamar (2011-2012). In 2009, Kardashian participated in the second season of The Celebrity Apprentice, finishing 10th of 16 candidates by being fired by Donald Trump. In 2012, she co-hosted the second season of the US adaptation of The X Factor with actor Mario Lopez.
She is involved in the retail and fashion industries with her sisters Kourtney and Kim. They have launched several clothing collections and fragrances, and additionally released the book Kardashian Konfidential in 2010. They starred in their own short-lived reality television series, Dash Dolls (2015).
Khloé Alexandra Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California on June 27, 1984, to Robert, an attorney, and Kris (née Houghton), a homemaker. She has two older sisters Kourtney and Kim, and a younger brother Rob. Their mother is of Dutch, English, Irish and Scottish ancestry, while their father was a third-generation Armenian American. After their parents divorced in 1991, Houghton remarried the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce[a]) in 1991. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; step-sister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie. In 1994, her father garnered public attention as a defense lawyer for football player O.J. Simpson during his murder trial.
As a teenager, Kardashian briefly attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. She left the high school and enrolled in a home-based school after her sisters' graduations, later saying "there was no reason for me to stay" since she "felt like I didn't have any friends." When she was seventeen years old, she earned a GED one year in advance of what would have been her ordinary graduation date – later saying she received the GED "with honors".
2007–2009: Career beginnings
In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kim Kardashian and her former boyfriend Ray J in 2003 was leaked, which largely contributed to her rise to prominence. Later that year, Khloé, in addition to her mother Kris; her step-father Bruce; her siblings Kourtney, Kim, and Rob; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series and her sister Kim's popularity led to the Kardashian and her siblings being able to cash in on their social media popularity by endorsing products. These include waist slimming pants, beauty products and Coca-Cola, for which they are paid (as of 2016) $75,000 upwards per post on instagram, facebook and twitter, as per CBC Marketplace.
In April 2009, Kardashian and her sister Kourtney announced that they were contracted to star in a spin-off, which followed their move to launch a D-A-S-H store in Miami, Florida. The series, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, debuted on E! on August 16, 2009. Starting May 29, 2009, Kardashian joined Miami Top 40 Mainstream outlet WHYI for a weekly four-hour talk/entertainment programm, co-hosted by 106 & Park 's Terrence J. Khloé and her sisters Kim and Kourtney made a cameo appearance in the Season 3 premiere of the series 90210. Kardashian made an appearance in episodes 2, 4, and 8 of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, which premiered in January 2011. On April 10, 2011, Khloé & Lamar, Khloé's own show with her husband, Lamar Odom, debuted.
Khloé has a business interest in D-A-S-H, a clothing boutique in Calabasas, Miami and SoHo, with her sisters Kourtney and Kim. In June 2009, Khloé and her sisters teamed up with the Natural Products Association to create a teeth whitening pen called Idol White. Kardashian appeared in one of PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaigns. The three sisters released a jewelry line in March 2010. In the spring of 2010, the sisters released a clothing line for Bebe. Bebe announced they were dropping the line in December 2010. In September 2010, Kardashian and her sisters released another clothing line, K-Dash on QVC. Kardashian and her sisters marketed a fake tan product, released in 2010 and called Kardashian Glamour Tan.
2010–present: Television and other ventures
The sisters also released a book, Kardashian Konfidential, in November 2010. In February 2011, Kardashian and her husband released a unisex fragrance called "Unbreakable." In May 2011, Kardashian and her sisters announced the release of their first novel. Prior to publication, the sisters requested help with naming their book. The winner was offered a cameo appearance in the novel. In July 2011, it was announced that the winning title was "Dollhouse". In October 2012, Kardashian and Odom released a second unisex fragrance called "Unbreakable Joy," inspired by the holiday season.
Kardashian's radio show, The Mix Up With Khloé Kardashian Odom, was a "one-hour, commercial-free show where Khloé will take requests, chat with her celebrity friends, and more during the Mavericks' season while she's in Dallas with her husband Lamar Odom." It aired on January 30, 2012. In October 2012, Kardashian and Mario Lopez were confirmed as the co-hosts of the second season of the American version of The X Factor. Their first appearance on the series aired on October 31, 2012. It was confirmed on April 22, 2013 that Kardashian will not return to co-host The X Factor for its third season. On March 26, 2014, E! announced a Keeping Up with the Kardashians spin-off series entitled Kourtney & Khloé Take the Hamptons. The Hamptons follows Kourtney, Khloé, and Scott Disick as they relocate to The Hamptons while the girls work on the New York Dash store plus open a pop-up store. Since January 2016, Kardashian hosts the Kocktails with Khloé pop culture–themed variety talk show, which airs on the FYI cable channel.
On September 27, 2009, Kardashian married NBA basketball player Lamar Odom, who was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers at the time. The couple were married exactly one month after they met at a party for Odom's teammate Metta World Peace. Following her marriage, Kardashian removed her middle name to include her married surname, becoming Khloé Kardashian Odom. Kardashian adopted a pet boxer named Bernard "BHops" Hopkins, after the famous boxer.
On December 13, 2013, after months of speculated separation, Kardashian filed for divorce from Odom and for legal restoration of her last name. Divorce papers were signed by both parties in July 2015; however, the divorce had yet to receive final approval from a judge. In October 2015, Odom was hospitalized after being found unconscious in a Nevada brothel, and was in a coma for four days; as he lay in a hospital, Kardashian withdrew her pending divorce petition. In an interview with People Magazine, Kardashian confirmed that they had not reconciled and the divorce had been withdrawn so that she might make medical decisions on Odom's behalf. Kardashian and Odom's divorce was finalized in December 2016.
Kardashian supports the recognization of the Armenian Genocide and has visited the memorial of the victims in Yerevan, Armenia. In April 2015, Kardashian accompanied her sister, Kim, and brother-in-law, Kanye West, to Jerusalem for the baptism of her niece, North, in the Armenian Apostolic Church at the Cathedral of St. James. She was named North's godmother during the ceremony.
On March 4, 2007, Kardashian was arrested for driving under the influence. On July 18, 2008, Kardashian turned herself in and reported to jail to serve time for violation of probation. She faced a sentence of up to 30 days and enrollment in an alcohol treatment program within three weeks of her release from jail. She was released from jail fewer than three hours later due to overcrowding.
In March 2012, Kardashian and her sisters Kourtney and Kim were named in a $5 million class action lawsuit against QuickTrim, the weight loss supplement they endorse. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accuses the Kardashians (along with QuickTrim's manufacturer, Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain) of false and deceptive marketing of the diet aid. The plaintiffs, hailing from several states, brought claims under their respective states' consumer protection laws.
|2010||Psychotherapist||Dannii Hillman|
|2011||Law and Order: LA||Herself|
|2013||Real Husbands of Hollywood||Herself|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Main role, 174 episodes|
|2009||The Celebrity Apprentice||11 episodes|
|2009–10||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||26 episodes|
|2010||Fashion Police||5 episodes|
|2010||90210||Episode: "Senior Year, Baby"|
|2011–12||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||7 episodes|
|2011–12||Khloé & Lamar||20 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: LA||Episode: "Benedict Canyon"|
|2012||Punk'd||Episode: "Miley Cyrus"|
|2012||The X Factor||Co-host; 16 episodes|
|2014–15||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||TV series|
|2014||Royal Pains||Cameo, 1 episode|
|2015||I Am Cait||3 episodes|
|2015||Dash Dolls||Executive producer & recurring role|
|2016||Kocktails with Khloé||Host|
|2017–present||Revenge Body with Khloé Kardashian||Host|
- "Khloe Kardashian gushes about Cleveland, relationship with Tristan Thompson". February 16, 2017. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Khloe Kardashian Recalls Dropping Out of School – and Stealing Cars". People. Time Inc. April 29, 2010. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "How celebrities like Kim Kardashian are selling you ads and products". CBC News. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Khloe Alexandra Kardashian, Born 06/27/1984 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Nick Sagimbeni (January 9, 2013). "Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Robert, Kylie and Kendall Kardashian". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian (June 11, 2008). "Monuments And Momentous Times In Monte Carlo". KimKardashian.com. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 13, 2015.
- Barford, Vanessa (January 8, 2013). "Kim Kardashian: How do Armenians feel about her fame?". BBC. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- Buzz Bissinger (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Leibovitz, Annie (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Jenner-Kardashian". The Day. New London, Connecticut. April 23, 1991. p. A2. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Jeff Mayish (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O.J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Celebrity Central: Khloé Kardashian". "After her sisters graduate from L.A.'s Marymount High School, Khloé feels the pangs of loneliness. '[I] felt like I didn't have any friends. There was no reason for me to stay', she confesses of leaving school and earning her GED through a home-schooling program. 'I finished three years of high school in one year', Kardashian says proudly. 'I graduated actually when I was 17 with honors, so in your face!' People.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends 'Love & Congratulations' To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kimberly Nordyke (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "From The Futon Critic (April 21, 2009)". Thefutoncritic.com. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Caution: Kardashian Brand Extension" From R&R (May 14, 2009) Archived May 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Kardashian Sisters Land 90210 Cameo". TVGuide.com.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (January 5, 2011). "Official: E! Orders Reality Show Starring Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom, and Robert Kardashian Jr". Hollywoordreporter.com. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- "Idol White (Kardashian Smile)". Idol White. Archived from the original on 2009-06-28.
- McKay, Hollie (December 11, 2008). "Khloe Kardashian Shows Some Booty in PETA 'Get Naked' Campaign". FoxNews.com. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (May 2, 2010). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". The Houston Chronicle. May 13, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- German, Honey (December 10, 2010). "Bebe Stores to Drop Kardashian Line". Honey German.
- "The Kardashians Collaborated With Janie Bryant on a Clothing Line". New York Magazine. August 27, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Quenqua, Douglas (June 2, 2010). "'Jersey Shore,' Without the Sun". The New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Kardashian, Kim, Kardashian, Kourtney and Kardashian, Khloe. "Kardashian Konfidential", St. Martin's Press (November 23, 2010). ISBN 0-312-62807-2
- "Kim, Khloe and Kourtney to Write a Book: Kardashian Konfidential". UsMagazine.com.
- "Khloe and Lamar Make Scents of their 'Unbreakable' Bond with a New Fragrance" April 4, 2011, People Magazine, retrieved June 6, 2011
- "Khloé Kardashian and Lamar Odom Cuddle Up for Second Fragrance Ad". February 18, 2012. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Showbiz, Bang (January 25, 2012). "Khloe Kardashian to host radio show". The Star. Toronto.
- "Khloe Kardashian axed from X Factor USA after just ONE series". Yahoo! omg!. March 5, 2013. Archived from the original on May 7, 2013. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 26, 2014). "E! Upfront Slate: More Kardashians, 'Rich Kids,' Lance Bass and 'Gucci' Miniseries". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Stanhope, Kate (February 10, 2016). "'Kocktails With Khloe' Gets Additional Order at FYI". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "6 Things You Don't Know About Khloe Kardashian". etonline.com. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Khloe Kardashian Is Married!". People.com.
- Khloe Kardashian's Honeymoon Plans Still Up in the Air people.com, October 8, 2009
- Khloe and Lamar: Why the Rush to the Altar?". People. September 24, 2009. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- West, Latoya. "Kardashian Questions Answered". About.com. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Audiences a 'View' of Her Marriage iVillage, October 9, 2009
- "Khloe Kardashian Odom's New Puppy: Bernard Hopkins!". E! Online. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Fox News (December 13, 2013). "Khloe Kardashian filing for divorce from Lamar Odom, reports say". Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- Harrison, Lily (October 13, 2015). "Khloé Kardashian Has Been Worried About Lamar Odom, Family Source Says Hospitalization Isn't Shocking". E! Online. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- "TMZ: Lamar Odom Found Unconscious After Partying At Brothel In Nevada". CBS Los Angeles. October 13, 2015. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- "Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Finally Sign Divorce Papers Two Years After Split". Us Magazine. July 21, 2015. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- CNN, Kyung Lah, Eliott C. McLaughlin and Steve Almasy. "Lamar Odom used cocaine, brothel workers say". CNN. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- reports, Tribune wire. "Lamar Odom's spiral leaves ex-NBA star fighting for his life". Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- Grinberg, Emanuella (October 21, 2015). "Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom put divorce on hold". CNN. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Winton, Richard (October 21, 2015). "Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian call off divorce after near-tragedy at brothel". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Khloe Kardashian breaks silence on Lamar Odom". Lisa Respers France. October 28, 2015. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Andreas, Preuss. "Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom divorce finalized". CNN. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Marcus, Stephanie (March 17, 2017). "Can The Kardashians Survive In The Trump Era?". Retrieved May 9, 2017 – via Huff Post.
- "Khloe Kardashian pays tribute to Armenian Genocide victims". Public Radio of Armenia. April 25, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "Khloé Kardashian Remembers Armenian Genocide On Instagram: 'Silence Encourages The Tormentor'". International Business Times. April 24, 2015. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "Kim and Khloé Kardashian's Emotional Visit to the Armenia Genocide Memorial". People. April 10, 2015. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "North West Gets Baptized in Jerusalem". April 13, 2015. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- "Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Episode Guide". Tvguide.com.
- Fleeman, Mike; Lee, Ken (July 18, 2008). "Khloé Kardashian Enters – and Leaves – Jail". people.com. Retrieved December 19, 2008.
- "Khloe Kardashian accused of 'violently' assaulting transgender woman outside Hollywood nightclub". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on July 8, 2012. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Khloé Kardashian Sued for Assault and Battery". Reuters. December 5, 2011.
- Loading... (May 14, 2012). "Khloe Kardashian To Pay $150,000 To Settle Assault Case? - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions". Entertainmentwise. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Kardashian Sisters Sued over Endorsement of Weight-Loss Product - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. March 5, 2012. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. July 8, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khloe Kardashian.|