Khmers Kampuchea-Krom Federation
|Focus||Human rights activism|
The Khmers Kampuchea-Krom Federation (KKF) (1985) is an organization self-declared representing the Indigenous Khmer-Krom Peoples living in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam, internationally advocating for human rights, religious freedom and self determination.
The organization was established in 1985, when the First World Convention on Khmer-Krom was held in New York City, USA. In 1996, the Fifth World Convention in Toronto, Canada the current name of Khmers Kampuchea-Krom Federation (KKF) was adopted.
The KKF's mission is to use of peaceful measures and international laws, to seek freedom, justice, and the right to self-determination for the Indigenous Khmer-Krom Peoples living in Vietnam.
KKF Board of Directors consists of: Chairman, President, Vice-President, Chief of Administration, Senior Council, Representatives Council, Secretary, Treasure, Director of Planning, Director of Information, Director of Women, Director of Youth, Director of Education, and Director of Religious Affairs.
The President, who leads the executive committee, is responsible for daily operations of the federation.
KKF is also led by the Presidents of Regional, Continental, and local chapters.
KKF has been a member of Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO) and International Dragon Boat Federation (IDBF) since 2001. KKF has also participated actively in the annual session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII) since 2004.
The KKF has a budget consisting of donations from Khmer-Krom exiles living in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and sympathizers.
The Khmer Krom’s flag has three colors: Blue, Yellow, and Red. The flag’s size is "3 by 5". The meaning of each color is as follows:
- Blue: represents Freedom and Democracy
- Yellow: represents Khmer-Krom who love Peace and Justice
- Red: represents Khmer-Krom’s Bravery and Sacrifice for the fatherland
The KKF’s logo is called, Rear Hoo Chap Chan.
- Government of Free Vietnam
- Montagnard Foundation, Inc.
- People's Action Party of Vietnam
- Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League
- Viet Tan
- Nationalist Party of Greater Vietnam
- The content about KKF in this page is extracted from the book: "The Khmer-Krom Journey to Self-Determination - Published by KKF - ISBN 978-0-578-04392-0" with the permission from KKF.