Khon Kaen Airport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Khon Kaen Airport
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Department of Airports|
|Location||Mueang Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen, Thailand|
|Elevation AMSL||670 ft / 204 m|
Airlines and destinations
|Nok Air||Bangkok–Don Mueang|
|Thai AirAsia||Bangkok–Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Pattaya–U-Tapao, Phuket|
|Thai Lion Air||Bangkok–Don Mueang|
|Thai Vietjet Air||Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi|
2021 airport upgrade
The airport has seen an annual growth rate of 20 percent annually since 2013, handling around two million passengers in 2017. The Department of Airports (DOA) has signed a signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to upgrade Khon Kaen Airport by 2021. The two billion baht project will increase passenger capacity from 2.8 million to five million per year. The terminal will be expanded from 16,500 m2 to 44,500 m2 to accommodate 1,000–2,000 passengers per hour.
- "Khon Kaen Airport". Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). Archived from the original on 29 August 2018. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Sattaburuth, Aekarach; Jotikasthira, Om (29 August 2018). "Prayut orders airport design contest probe". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Natanri, Chakkrapan (23 September 2018). "Construction of new Khon Kaen airport terminal begins". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khon Kaen Airport.|
- Khon Kaen travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Khon Kaen Airport Homepage
- Airport information for VTUK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about a Thai airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|