|(approx. 1–2 million)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|North Khorasan, Razavi Khorasan, Golestan|
|Khorasani Turkic and Persian|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Other Turkic peoples|
Khorasani Turks (Persian: ترکهای خراسان, Khorasani Turkish:خوراسان تؤرکلری; or Khorasani Turkmens, often described as Qizilbash) are Turkic ethnic group inhabiting part of northeastern Iran, and in the neighboring regions of Turkmenistan up to beyond the Amu Darya River; and speak the Khorasani Turkic, and live in the North Khorasan, Razavi Khorasan and Golestan provinces of Iran.
The Khorasani Turks are not to be confused with other Turkic groups which have arrived in Khorasan more recently, especially Iranian Azerbaijanis, who had a presence in the area, especially in Mashhad, from about the early 20th century.
Tribes of Khorasani Turks
Lives mainly in Nishapur (near 120,000-150,000).
Lives mainly in Isfarayen (near 130,000-150,000).
- Imarli, Bukanli, Cuyanli, Pehlivanli, Boranli and Kilicanli
Lives mainly in Bojnord.
- Timurtash and Nardin
Lives in Gorgan city center.
Lives in Sini.
Lives in most areas of Greater Khorasan.
Notable Khorasani Turks
- 16. Turkic Languages of İran (author Gerhard Doerfer), p. 276. // The Turkic Languages. Edited by Lars Johanson and Éva Á. Csató. Routledge Language Family Series. London and New York: Routledge, 1998, 474 pages. ISBN 9780415082006
“ The Khorasan Turkic population may currently number 2 million. It is a typical charasteristics of Iran that such a large population should remain undiscovered for so long, being subsumed under the name torkī. ”
- "AZERBAIJAN vi. Population and its Occupations and Culture". Encyclopædia Iranica. August 18, 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Mourning Azerbaijanis residing in Mashhad". Mehr News Agency. August 18, 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
-  HORASAN AĞIZLARI
- فصلنامه تحقیقات جغرافیایی، سال سوم شماره ۲، پاییز ۱۳۷۶، دکتر محمد حسین پاپلی یزدی
- The Khorasani Turks of Iran
- Turks of Iran
|This article related to an ethnic group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|