|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Khorramshahr (Persian: خرمشهر [xoræmˈʃæhɾ], also romanized as Khurramshahr and slightly different spellings; also known in Arabic as المحمرة al-Muḥammarah) is a city in and the capital of Khorramshahr County, Khuzestan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 123,866, in 26,383 families.
Khorramshahr is an inland port city located approximately 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of Abadan. The city extends to the right bank of the Arvand Rud waterway near its confluence with the Haffar arm of the Karun river.
- Mohsen Rastani (b. 1958), photographer
- Khorramshahr can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3071225" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- Khorramshahr entry in Encyclopædia Britannica http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/316878/Khorramshahr
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica. 18 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 956. .