Khuhro (Sindhi: کھڙو) is a Sindhi tribe in Sindh and Balochistan, Pakistan. Khuhros belong to the Abro clan of the Sammas. According to tradition the Khuhro settled in the fertile tract near the Indus River around the modern Larkana District and Khairpur District.
The Khuhro tribe is found in approx thirty three villages (gambat, Sobhodero, Khuhra City, Faqeer Mill, ranipur, Binddi Motayo, Nandhi Bindi, Madd, Danghurae, Khohae, Gharae, Dosani, Mulae, Lorhae, Jado Wahan, Mehro wahan, Ambani, Motani, Munawarabad, Hajji Soof, Agra, Ghuhram, Bahram, Muhammad jo wahan, Belharo, Khooh, Satabo, Lundae, Mulan ja Pidd, Dilawar Gouth, Saghiyoon, Badal, Kechhee of the Gambat taluk & Sobhodero Taluka, Khairpur District, where until 2013 they were supporters of the PPP and PML-F political parties. In that year they were expected to change their support to Asad Khuhro, an independent election candidate from their own community who was also their tribal chief and a grandson of a former Pakistani Defence Minister, Muhammad Ayub Khuhro.
- Muhammad Ayub Khuhro, Pakistan Defence Minister and three times Chief Minister of Sindh
- Nisar Ahmad Khuhro, Senior politician and President of Pakistan Peoples Pakistan Sindh
- Hamida Khuhro, a politician and academic; a daughter of Muhammad Ayub Khuhro
- "Khuhro likely to give PPP, PML-F tough time on PS-34". One Pakistan. 1 April 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Chief of Khuhro tribe held after bail dismissal". Dawn. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
|This article about a Pakistani ethnicity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|