Location of Khulna District in Bangladesh
Expandable map of Khulna District
|• Deputy Commissioner||Mohammad Helal Hossain, PAA|
|• Total||4,389.11 km2 (1,694.64 sq mi)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+06:00 (BST)|
medium · 6th of 21
Khulna District (Bengali: খুলনা জেলা, Khulna Jela also Khulna Zila) is a district of Bangladesh. It is located in the Khulna Division. It is bordered on the north by the Jessore District and the Narail District, on the south by the Bay of Bengal, on the east by the Bagerhat District, and on the west by the Satkhira District.
Geography and climate
Khulna District has a total area of 4,389.11 square kilometres (1,694.64 sq mi). It borders Jessore District to the north, Narail District to the northeast, Bagerhat District to the east, the Bay of Bengal to the south, and Satkhira District to the west.
The district contains educational institutions including:
- Government Coronation Secondary Girls' School
- Government Daulatpur Muhsin High School
- Khulna Zilla School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khulna District.|
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database". Global Data Lab. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Sandipak Mallik (2012). "Khulna District". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "C-1 Population By Religious Community". Government of Bangladesh.
- "District Statistics 2011: Khulna" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved October 29, 2017.