|Alhaj Khursheed Ahmad
الحاج خورشید احمد
|Birth name||khursheed ahmad|
|Also known as||Khursheed Ahmad|
|Born||January 1, 1956
Rahim Yar Khan
|Origin||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Genres||Naats and Hamds|
|Associated acts||live performer and writer|
Alhaj Khursheed Ahmad or Khurshid Ahmad(Urdu: الحاج خورشید احمد ) was a Naat Khawan from Pakistan. He started to recite Naats when he was only a few years old, and by the time of his death he had recited thousands of Naats. He used to proficiently recite Naats not only in Urdu, but also in other languages such as Punjabi, Saraiki, Pashto and Sindhi. The melody of his voice and the unique way of reciting attracted numerous people towards him and soon he had become a famous Naat Khawan.
Al-Haaj Khursheed Ahmed was born on January 1, 1956 in Rahim Yar Khan. He acquired his basic schooling from Abbasi Primary School and passed Matriculation examination from Colony High School. Then he did Diploma in Commerce from Govt. Commercial Institute. He is survived by a son named Hassan Bin Kurshid.
Career in Naat Khawani
Mr. Mehdi Zaheer introduced him to Radio as Naat Khuwan and he started reciting Naats there. In 1978, PTV held a Naat competition for the first time and he secured First position there, too. At first the competition was held at Sindh level and then at Pakistan level. He took First positions in both the competitions simultaneously.
The Naat “Yeh Sab Tumhara Karam Hai Aaqa” was liked very much not only in Pakistan but also all over the World. After reciting this Naat, Allah bestowed upon him so much respect that people started endearing and loving him. Then the process went on and he recited Naats not only in Pakistan but also almost in every country wherever Muslims live. The following are some of his worthy to be mentioned achievements:
- He was the first Naat Khwan to receive first position in the very first Naat Khawani Contest organized on TV.
- He was the first Pakistani Naat Khawan to recite Naats throughout the world USA, Japan, Switzerland, Yemen and France, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Canada,etc.
- He was honoured with the Nigar Award, a prominent Film Award of Pakistan, for his outstanding Naat reciting skills.
- He was the only Naat Khwan who was given employment due to his Naat Khawani skills in a leading bank.
- He was also awarded Pakistan's Highiest Civil Award i.e. Pride of Performance Award from Government of Pakistan.
Ahmad died in 2007 due to an illness, later revealed to be a brain hemorrhage. He was admitted in a hospital a week prior to his death. He at first slipped into a coma leading to his death. His funeral was attended by many renowned Naat Khawans of Pakistan and media personalities. Qari Waheed Zafar Qasmi, Siddiq Ismail, Dr. Amir Liaquat Hussain are a few to be named.