|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Khvansar is a city in and the capital of Khvansar County, Isfahan Province, Iran. As of the 2006 census, its population was 20,490, in 6,019 families. Khansar is located in a place not far from central desert of Iran and just 150 km from Isfahan. It is 900 square km and situated in central part of Iran surrounded by Zagros Mountains. (Mount of Khansar).
The city is believed to have been built before Islam with quite a few historical monuments still standing. Tir fire temple and Heikal Temple are among those. Another proof to this belief is a grave stone with Pahlavi script graved on it, it is situated in Ghoodjan village. There is also some evidence suggesting Jewish immigration to the city at the time of Cyrus the great’s kingdom.
Notable people from Khvansar
- Adib Khansari, classical musician
- Ali Shojaei, Iranian football player
- Hacham Uriel Davidi, Jewish religious leader
- Mohammad Javad Zarif, Iranian Diplomat and Academic, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Iran)
- Seyyed Ahmad Khansari, theologian
- Yadollah Kaboli Khansari, calligrapher
- Hossein Ansarian, Shia scholar, author and lecturer on Islam and mysticism
- sayed hosseyn alavi khansary shiaclergyman practising relliglous jurisprudenc
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.