December 10, 1991
|Education||DePaul University (BFA)|
Kiandra Layne (born December 10, 1991) is an American actress. She is known for her breakthrough performance in the 2018 drama film If Beale Street Could Talk. She is also known for Native Son (2019), and The Old Guard (2020).
Her first acting role was with Lena Waithe in the pilot for the show The Chi, which was shot in 2015. Speaking to Vanity Fair, Layne says she was always acting growing up and that her favorite movie as a child was The Lion King. She said, "I used to watch it every day and create these extravagant stories with my Barbies and stuffed animals."
Layne's breakout role was in Barry Jenkins' 2018 drama If Beale Street Could Talk. She starred in the screen adaptation of Richard Wright’s 1940 novel Native Son, then alongside Charlize Theron in The Old Guard, which was directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood.
|2016||Chicago Med||Emmie Miles||Episode: "Soul Care"|
|2018||If Beale Street Could Talk||Tish Rivers||Nominated — Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award for Best Breakthrough Performance|
Nominated — Gotham Independent Film Award for Breakthrough Actor
Nominated — Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble
|The Staggering Girl||Adut||Short film|
|2020||The Old Guard||Nile Freeman|
|Coming 2 America||Meeka Joffer||Post-production|
- "Tomorrow's Birthdays". Associated Press. December 9, 2019. Retrieved July 11, 2020.
- KiKi Layne, ‘Beale Street’s’ Breakout Star, Has a 4 a.m. Moment, New York Times, Sept. 11, 2018
- "VICE - 'Native Son' Star Kiki Layne Just Wants Black Women to Be Seen". www.vice.com. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- Radloff, Jessica. "KiKi Layne Swears This $20 Cleanser Is the Key to Helping With Acne". Glamour. Retrieved 2020-07-15.
- "KiKi Layne on the Power of Seeing Black Love Onscreen". 2018-12-12.
- "KiKi Layne, Star of if Beale Street Could Talk, Knows How to Own a Room".
- Omar, Yasmin (2019-08-19). "Kiki Layne: "Fashion is the first way we can really express ourselves"". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- Smith, Krista. "KiKi Layne, Star of If Beale Street Could Talk, Knows How to Own a Room". Vanities. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "The Old Guard's KiKi Layne Calls For More Black Women in Comic Book Movies". Movies. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- Walsh, Katie. "'The Old Guard' review: Sci-fi action film elevated by exploring morality of immortality". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "'The Old Guard' Director Gina Prince-Bythewood On Putting Black Women First". Bustle. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "'The Favourite' rules the Alliance of Women Film Journalists movie awards with 11 nominations". 2018-12-22.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|