This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Background and discovery
Kabukuru was born in Kampala, Uganda. Although her grandparents emigrated from Rwanda to Uganda in 1920, she identifies as an Ankole. With the aid of Amnesty International and United Way, Kabukuru and her family emigrated to California when she was a child due to political unrest in their native country. Kabukuru was discovered by fashion photographer Bill Bodwell in a Los Angeles shopping center when she was 16.
Kabukuru has been represented by several of the world's top modeling agencies, including Women Management, Trump Model Management, and Why Not Model Agency., As of February 2011 she is represented by Silent models in New York and Paris. Kabukuru has walked for fashion houses including Dior, Versace, Calvin Klein, Chanel, and Balmain. Her most notable editorial work includes covers for Vogue (Spain and United States) and Amica Italy. She has posed for advertising campaigns by Dolce & Gabbana, Moschino, L'Oréal, Calvin Klein, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, and most famously CoverGirl cosmetics.
- "Kiara!". www.newvision.co.ug. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "PHOTO: Gisele Turns Reporter For The New CR Fashion Book". HuffPost. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Magazine, Ladybrille (2009-09-07). "Kiara Kabukuru, Ugandan American Supermodel". Ladybrille® Magazine. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Kiara Kabukuru Bio, Married, Husband, Height, Net Worth, and Wiki". www.networthwikibio.com. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Kiara Kabukuru at Fashion Model Directory
- Silent New York
- Uwumarogie, Victoria (2016-12-05). "All The Black Models Who've Walked In A Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Since 1995". MadameNoire. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Kiara Kabukuru On Her Major Fashion Comeback, And Close Friend Gisele Bundchen". SatisFashion Uganda. 2016-04-14. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- "Model Moves: Kiara Kabukuru Lists Greenwich Village Co-op for $2.55M". Observer. 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Lustig, Jessica. "Back in the Picture". W Magazine. Retrieved 2019-06-05.