||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Birth name||เกียรติกมล ล่าทา|
May 7, 1983 |
|Years active||2006 – present|
Kiatkamol Lata (Thai: เกียรติกมล ล่าทา) (aka. Tui Thai: ตุ้ย ) (born on May 7, 1983) is a Thai singer, actor. He first gained notice by winning Thailand's True Visions Academy Fantasia Season 3, a famous American Idol-liked reality show in Thailand. Due to the popularity of the show, people usually called the contestants' names followed by the term "AF"; as a result, Kiatkamol also became known as "Tui AF" (Thai: ตุ้ย AF) or "Tui AF3" (Thai: ตุ้ย AF3).
Kiatkamol Lata was born in Bangkok, Thailand to a family as an only child. He graduated from Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon with a Bachelor's Degree of Business Administration (Majoring in Finance). After graduation, he worked at Thai Health Promotion Foundation, where he was part of the team to promote an "anti drink-drive" campaign - he worked there for three months, then decided to audition for Academy Fantasia Season 3.
In 2006, Kiatkamol auditioned for Academy Fantasia Season 3 and became one of the final 12 contestants to participate in the show. His run on Academy Fantasia was considered one of the most successful runs in the history of Thailand's Academy Fantasia, as he was one of the three persons who never been at the bottom three (the others were Jeen AF1 and Good AF5) from 72 contestants of Season1-5. Kiatkamol is also considered one of the most successful artists from reality contests in Thailand.
- Surprise of the Season
Thailand's Academy Fantasia has always been famous for creating surprises for their fans. Surprise of Season 3 occurred on Week #6 when the host, Toi-Settha, announced that Kiatkamol was to leave the show. As Kiatkamol being one of the frontrunners of the season, this so-called elimination shocked the whole audience. However, Toi-Settha then revealed that Kiatkamol was to leave the show for a few days only and that was because he won the highest number of votes of the week. Kiatkamol was rewarded with a trip to Hong Kong with his mother, and to visit Hong Kong's major TV Station, TVB where he participated in a promotional event with Ron Ng Cheuk Hei, a Hong Kong actor and singer.
After his successful run on Academy Fantasia, Kiatkamol released his first single "Aok Huk Mai Wa" - a pop dance song, which was on many music charts during its release. Half a year later, Kiatkamol released his solo album, Tui : A Rock On Earth, where he went back to his favorite genre, pop rock. From this album Kiatkamol was nominated and won some artist polls and awards. Popular songs from this album included, Takieng Kub Tawan, an ending theme song for Kiatkamol's lakorn debut "Phoo Kong Yod Rak", and Hai Krai Ma Rak Noi, which won Popular Songs of the Year 2007 from Virgin Hitz Award 2007.
- Vocal Cord Surgery
In 2008, before Jo Jo San AF the Musical began, Kiatkamol was diagnosed with a cyst on his vocal cord. Kiatkamol said that his voice often got hoarse after performances and as time went by his voice hardly came back to normal. He waited until the run of the play was over to have it removed on September 17, 2008 and was forbidden to speak for one month.
In addition to singing, Kiatkamol also had a chance to try out acting. His first TV series, Phoo Kong Yod Rak, which he paired up with Diana Chung, won the most popular TV-series from KomChadLuek Award#5.  After the success of Phoo Kong Yod Rak, Kiatkamol also participated in AF's first musical production "Ngern Ngern Ngern", which he garnered a good review from Bangkok Post on his singing - calling his rendition of Classical love songs with his partner in the show both arresting and transporting.
Kiatkamol's first participation with Channel 3 was "Tueng Rai Kor Rak" which he co-starred with Paul Pattarapol and Namfon Patcharin. He signed lakorn contract with Channel 3 and started having more lakorns with the channel. In 2008, he starred opposite Ploy-Chermarn Boonyasak in "Botan Gleeb Sud Tai" and had to take some lessons of Chinese Opera for the role. In 2009, Kiatkamol was back to work with Namfon Patcharin again in Look Sao Kam Nan, a musical lakorn where he played a new deputy trying to win the heart of a tomboy daughter of the mayor.
Handle Me With Care
In 2008, Kiatkamol was chosen by the producer, Jira Maligool  to be in Kongdej Jaturanrasamee's Handle Me With Care (aka. Kod) and to co-starred with Kratae - Supaksorn Chaimongkol. Kiatkamol played Kwan, a three-armed man in search of his meaning of life. Kiatkamol gave an interview that this was a very challenging role for him and Kongdej had helped him a lot in understanding the role. As the filming progressed, he began to get comfortable with having two left arms and thought it looked special. By the time the filming ended, he became so engrossed with the role that when his "extra" arm was taken out, he felt something was missing.
Kod did not do well at Thailand's box office at the time of its release and garnered somewhat mixed reviews, but was quite popular with the film festival circuits and was shown in various festivals such as Hong Kong International Film Festival 2008, Udine Far East Film Festival 2008, Munich Film Festival 2008, Montreal Fantasia Festival 2008, and 2008 Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival.
"Handle Me With Care" has been nominated for Best Foreign Film, The Arri-Zeiss Award at 26th Filmfest Munchen 2008 in Germany; and for Best Picture, in International Competition at 2nd Chungmuro International Film Festival 2008 in Korea. It won the Mental Health Media Award 2008 from Department of Mental Health, Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.
Kiatkamol received good reviews for his acting in Handle Me With Care, and was nominated Best Actor from associations such as Thailand National Film Association Awards (Supannahong), Bangkok Critics Assembly and others. Then he went on to win his first acting award from 6th Kom Chad Luek Awards for Best Actor from this movie.
- 2006: [AF3 Group Album] AF3 School Bus - Single : Aok Huk Mai Wa
- 2007: [AF OST Album] AF The Musical, Ngern Ngern Ngern (Money Money Money) - Single : Yard Pett
- 2007: [Solo Album] Tui : A Rock On Earth
- 2007: [Single] : Rak Tong Som (Title song of Sitcom: Rak Tong Som)
- 2008: [AF OST Album] AF The Musical, JoJo San
- 2009: [Lakorn OST Album] Look Sao Kam Nan Vol.1-2
- 2010: The Winners Project
- 2007: [TV Series] Phoo Kong Yod Rak as Paan Namsupaan
- 2007: [Sitcom] Rak Tong Som (2007–2008) (aka. Love Repair) as Chaidan
- 2007: [Sitcom] Raberd Terd Terng as Chang Yai (Guest Appearance, 1 Episode; October, 2007)
- 2008: [Film] Handle Me With Care as Kwan
- 2008: [TV Series] Tueng Rai Kor Rak as Kasama
- 2008: [TV Series] Botan Gleeb Sood Tai as Ah Long
- 2009: [TV Series] Look Sao Kam Nan as Palad Chaiya
- 2009: [Sitcom] Tevada Satu as Chaiyo (Guest Appearance, 1 Episode; May 3, 2009)
- 2009: [TV Series] Phoo Yai Lee Gub Nang Ma as Pradit
- 2010: [TV Series] Keuy Bann Nok as Kamnuan
- 2010: [TV Series] Jong Kol King Tien as Apphan
- 2010: [TV Series] Sapai Jao Sua as Traiwit
- 2011: [TV Series] Chuen Cheeva Navy as Captain Nawin
- 2011: [TV Series] Ngao Prye as Ratchata
- 2011: [TV Series] Nai Sudza Kha Sudzab as Rafah
- 2012: [TV Series] Khunsuek as Somboon
- 2007: AF The Musical : Ngern Ngern Ngern (Money Money Money), as Kroo Rangsan
- 2008: AF The Musical : Jo Jo San (adapted from Giacomo Puccini's Cio-Cio San aka. Madama Butterfly), as B.F. Pinkerton
- 2007: Click Club (True Visions Channel 21)
- 2006: Presenter Pepsi
- 2006-2007: Presenter Tesco Lotus
- 2006-2007: Brand Ambassador Gillette Vector Plus
- 2006-2007: Brand Ambassador Honda Click Play
- 2008: Presenter True Visions Sim
- 2009: Presenter True Visions Freeview Package
- 2009: Presenter Dr.Taco
- 2010: Presenter True Move Sim
- 2010: Presenter CP Chicken with spicy source
Awards and nominations
|2006||True Academy Fantasia Season 3||Won||Winner of True Academy Fantasia Season3||N/A|
|2007||Thailand National Youth Bureau Awards||Won||Best Young Artist Role Model in Filial Son Category||N/A|
|2008||5th Kom Chad Luek Awards||Won||Most Popular Male Singer||A Rock on Earth (Album)|
|3rd Seed Awards||Won||New Artist of the Year||A Rock on Earth (Album)|
|Virgin Hitz Awards||Won||Popular Songs of the Year||Song "Hai Krai Ma Rak Noi", A Rock on Earth (Album)|
|Virgin Hitz Awards||Nominated||Most Popular Male Artist||A Rock on Earth (Album)|
|The National Council on Social Welfare of Thailand||Won||The Filial Son Award in Artist Category||N/A|
|TV Pool Tops Award 2007||Nominated||Most Promising New Actor||Phoo Kong Yod Ruk (TV Series)|
|2009||18th Thailand National Film Association Awards (Supannahong)||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|17th Bangkok Critics Assembly Awards||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|6th Kom Chad Luek Awards||Won||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|6th Kom Chad Luek Awards||Won||Most Popular Actor||N/A|
|6th Starpics Thai Film Awards||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|6th Hamburger Magazine Awards||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|TV Pool Tops Awards 2008||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
|6th Chalermthai Awards||Nominated||Best Actor of the Year||Handle Me With Care|
|23rd TV Gold Awards||Nominated||Best Actor||Rak Tong Som|
|49th Monte Carlo Television Festival Golden Nymph Awards||Nominated ||Outstanding Actor (Drama)||Rak Tong Som; nominated along with Pongsak Pongsuwan|
|7th Star Entertainment Awards||Nominated||Best Actor||Handle Me With Care|
- "Daily News: Tui-Kiatkamol, Today's Success - December 20, 2008" (in Thai).
- "Tui AF to have vocal cord surgery - September 18, 2008" (in Thai).
- "Results of 5th KomChadLuek Awards - February 14, 2008" (in Thai).
- "THEATRE REVIEW / 'AF THE MUSICAL: NGERN NGERN NGERN' - April 11, 2007".
- "Aff and Tui in Botan Gleeb Sud Tai - July 20, 2009" (in Thai).
- "Keng pointed out Tui and Kratae to be in Kod" (in Thai).
- "Tui in Kod; A Man with two left arms" (in Thai).
- "49th Monte-Carlo Television Festival 2009 - May, 2009".