7.0.0 / 10 April 2019
Kibana is an open source data visualization plugin for Elasticsearch. It provides visualization capabilities on top of the content indexed on an Elasticsearch cluster. Users can create bar, line and scatter plots, or pie charts and maps on top of large volumes of data.
Kibana also provides a presentation tool, referred to as Canvas, that allows users to create slide decks that pull live data directly from Elasticsearch. 
The combination of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, referred to as the "Elastic Stack" (formerly the "ELK stack"), is available as a product or service. Logstash provides an input stream to Elasticsearch for storage and search, and Kibana accesses the data for visualizations such as dashboards. Elastic also provides "Beats" packages which can be configured to provide pre-made Kibana visualizations and dashboards about various database and application technologies.
- "Releases · elastic/kibana". GitHub. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "kibana/LICENSE.txt at master". GitHub. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Five reasons to upgrade to Kibana 4". theserverside.com. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Getting Started with Canvas in Kibana". elastic.co. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Elastic Rolls Out Elasticsearch-As-A-Service". Forbes. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- Gupta, Yuvraj. Kibana Essentials. ISBN 978-1-784-39493-6.
- "Getting started with Beats". elastic.co. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|