Kibondo District is one of the six districts of Kigoma Region, Tanzania. It is bordered to the north by the Kakonko District, to the east by the Tabora Region, to the south by the Uvinza District, to the west by the Kasulu District and to the northwest by Burundi.
The District Commissioner of the Kibondo District is Mr. Louis Peter Bura .
- Buzard, Nan. Information-Sharing and Coordination Among NGOs Working in the Refugee Camps of Ngara and Kibondo, Tanzania, 1994-1998. Cambridge, Mass: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for International Studies, 2000.
- Kavura, R. M. The Problem of Developmental Leadership in Kibondo (Kigoma Region). Dar es Salaam: University College, 1970.
- Morof, Diane F, et al. 2007. Refugee Family Planning: User Profiles from Mtendeli Refugee Camp in Kibondo, Tanzania. Contraception. 76, no. 2: 175.
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, and World Food Programme. Kibondo Refugee Camps. Geneva, Switzerland: Unhcr, 2003.
- Shirika la Chakula Bora Tanzania. Nutrition Situation in Kakonko and Kasanda Divisions, Kibondo District: Baseline Survey Report. Dar es Salaam: Tanzania Food and Nutrition Centre, 1999.
- "2002 Population and Housing General Report: Kigoma: Kibondo". Archived from the original on 18 March 2004.
- "Tanzanian Government Directory Database" (in Swahili). Archived from the original on 2006-02-12.