Kibuli Secondary School
|Kibuli Secondary School|
|Kibuli, Kampala, Makindye Division
|Type||Public Middle School and High School (8–13)|
|Motto||"Seek Knowlwdge"|
|Headteacher||Ali K Mugagga|
|Number of students||1,567 (2014)|
|Athletics||Soccer, track, tennis, volleyball, basketball|
KSS is located on Kibuli Hill, in Makindye Division, is the south-central pat of the city of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Kibuli Secondary School are:0°18'38.0"N, 32°35'51.0"E (Latitude:0.310556; Longitude:32.597500).
The school is affiliated with the Muslim faith, but admission is based on academic performance and is open to any interested student, regardless of religious beliefs. The schools has a reputation of being a leading academic center with a history of sporting achievements.
The following are some of the prominent people who have gone through the school:
- Hakim Sendagire - Physician, microbiologist, biochemist and academic administrator. Current Dean, Habib Medical School
- John Ssebaana Kizito - Former Mayor of Kampala
- Moses Matovu, musician
- Henry Tumukunde - Former Director, Internal Security Organization (ISO)
- Google, . "Location of Kibuli Secondary School At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Kiyonga, Ismael (11 May 2014). "Kibuli Secondary School Clinches 9th Copa Coca Cola Championship". Kawowo.Com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Nalubwama, Jackie (2 November 2006). "The Caning And Footballing Kibuli Secondary School". The Observer (Uganda). Archived from the original on 5 September 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.