|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,180 m (3,870 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kibuye is bordered by Katwe to the north, Nsambya to the east, Makindye to the south, Ndeeba to the west, and Mengo to the northwest. This location is approximately 4 kilometres (2.5 mi), by road, from Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Kibuye are 0°17'37.0"N, 32°34'23.0"E (Latitude:0.293611; Longitude:32.573056).
Kibuye is a low-income residential area, with emphasis on entertainment. Due to its proximity to the slum in Katwe and the business suburbs of Ndeeba and Makindye, Kibuye is a combination of these environments. There are numerous bars, pubs and nightclubs clustered in a fairly confined area of the city. As is the case with neighboring Katwe, Kibuye has a high crime rate.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in or near Kibuye:
- Kibuye Roundabout - The confluence of the Kampala-Entebbe highway, the Kampala-Masaka highway, and the Kampala-Makindye road.
- Good Samaritan Senior Secondary School - A private high school
- Kibuye central market - A fresh-produce market administered by the Buganda government
- Kibuye Primary School - A public elementary school
- The railway line from Kampala to Kasese goes through Kibuye
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kibuye With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Google. "Location of Kibuye, Uganda At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Kiwawulo, Chris (2 April 2009). "140 Suspected Criminals Rounded Up". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Ojwee, Dennis (3 February 2009). "Fire Destroys Gulu IDP Camp". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Paul Kiwuuwa, and Halima Shaban (3 January 2005). "Vendors' Strike Paralyses Owino Market". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Kiwuuwa, Paul (3 September 2006). "Kibuye, Faith Trust Win Music Festivals". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.