|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,180 m (3,870 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Kibuye is bordered by Katwe to the north, Nsambya to the east, Makindye to the south, Ndeeba to the west, and Mengo to the northwest. This location is approximately 3 kilometres (2 mi), by road, south of Kampala's central business district.
Kibuye is a low-income residential area, with emphasis on entertainment. Due to its proximity to the slum in Katwe and the business suburbs of Ndeeba and Makindye, Kibuye is a combination of these environments. There are numerous bars, pubs and nightclubs clustered in a fairly confined area of the city. As is the case with neighboring Katwe, Kibuye has a high crime rate.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in or near Kibuye:
- Kibuye Roundabout - The confluence of the Kampala–Entebbe Road, the Kampala–Masaka Road and the Kampala–Makindye Road.
- Good Samaritan Senior Secondary School - A private high school
- Kibuye central market - A fresh-produce market administered by the Buganda government
- Kibuye Primary School - A public elementary school
- The railway line from Kampala to Kasese goes through Kibuye
- Google (18 January 2021). "Road Distance From Amber House, Speke Road, Kampala, Uganda And Kibuye, Makindye Division, Kampala, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- Kiwawulo, Chris (2 April 2009). "140 Suspected Criminals Rounded Up". New Vision. Archived from the original on 4 April 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Ojwee, Dennis (3 February 2009). "Fire Destroys Gulu IDP Camp". New Vision. Archived from the original on 17 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Paul Kiwuuwa, and Halima Shaban (3 January 2005). "Vendors' Strike Paralyses Owino Market". New Vision. Archived from the original on 10 February 2005. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Kiwuuwa, Paul (3 September 2006). "Kibuye, Faith Trust Win Music Festivals". New Vision. Archived from the original on 17 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.