View of the village
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+01:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+02:00)|
|Post Code||9800 Vadsø|
Kiby is a village in Vadsø Municipality, Finnmark county, Norway. It is located along the Varangerfjorden and European route E75, about 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) east of the town of Vadsø. The fishing village had a population of 39 in 2003, although it had a population of 208 in 1891. Vardø Airport, which opened on 1 August 1974, is located at Kiby.
Norwegian-American poet Julius Berg Johannesen was born in Kiby in 1869. He emigrated to the USA 1891, where he published three books with poems.
- "Kiby, Vadsø" (in Norwegian). yr.no. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Folkemengde, etter alder, bostedsstrøk og delområde/grunnkrets. 2003 Vadsø" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. p. 52. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Antal beboede Huse samt hjemmehørende Folkemængde 1 Januar 1891" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. p. 52. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Gynnild, Olav (2009). "Flyplassenes og flytrafikkens historie". Kulturminner på norske lufthavner – Landsverneplan for Avinor. Avinor. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
-  Julius Berg Baumann 1869-1923
|This Finnmark location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|