|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Smit (right), World Cup 1934
|Full name||Johannes Chrishostomos Smit|
|Date of birth||3 November 1911|
|Place of birth||Bloemendaal, Netherlands|
|Date of death||1 July 1974(aged 62)|
|Place of death||Haarlem, Netherlands|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
Johannes Chrishostomos "Kick" Smit (3 November 1911, Bloemendaal, North Holland – 1 July 1974, Haarlem) was a Dutch football player. He earned 29 caps and scored 26 goals for the Netherlands national football team, and played in the 1934 and 1938 World Cups. He is first Netherlands football player who scored a goal in a World Cup (27.05.1934 against Switzerland). During his club career, he played for HFC Haarlem.
- "Delpher Kranten - Nieuwsblad van Friesland : Hepkema's courant 18-08-1950". kb.nl. horizontal tab character in
|title=at position 16 (help)
- "Delpher Kranten - Het vrĳe volk : democratisch-socialistisch dagblad 26-03-1956". kb.nl.
- "Delpher Kranten - Het vrĳe volk : democratisch-socialistisch dagblad 02-07-1974". kb.nl.
- "Kick Smit - national football team player". Kick Smit - national football team player.
- 1934 FIFA World Cup Italy Archived 13 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Kick Smit at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a forward, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|