Smit in 1946
|Full name||Johannes Chrishostomus Smit|
|Date of birth||3 November 1911|
|Place of birth||Bloemendaal, the Netherlands|
|Date of death||1 July 1974(aged 62)|
|Place of death||Haarlem, the Netherlands|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Johannes Chrishostomus "Kick" Smit (3 November 1911 – 1 July 1974) was a Dutch football player. He earned 29 caps and scored 26 goals for the Netherlands national football team, and played in the 1934 and 1938 World Cups. He is the first Netherlands football player who scored a goal in a World Cup (27 May 1934 against Switzerland). During his club career, he played for HFC Haarlem.
- "Delpher Kranten – Nieuwsblad van Friesland : Hepkema's courant 18-08-1950". kb.nl.
- "Delpher Kranten – Het vrĳe volk : democratisch-socialistisch dagblad 26-03-1956". kb.nl.
- "BS Geboorte met Johannes Chrishostomus Smit". Noord-Hollands Archief. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Familieberichten". De Telegraaf. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Delpher Kranten – Het vrĳe volk : democratisch-socialistisch dagblad 02-07-1974". kb.nl.
- "Kick Smit – national football team player". Kick Smit – national football team player.
- 1934 FIFA World Cup Italy Archived 13 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Media related to Kick Smit at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a forward, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|